BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Perhaps the winds are turning back the other way Dodgy

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...

Or more likely still a heavy reliance on freelancers with the fate of the famous five still not resolved.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • GMc, interestednovice, Rolling News

This is pure speculation but given the time of year, it's not unheard of to get freelancers in the morning after the Christmas party.
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Brekkie, interestednovice, Rolling News, UTVLifer

I had a quick look through the Christmas schedules and it would seem that the yearly Review shows on the NC have been axed

Not that surprising really but still it's a shame

(09-12-2023, 11:30 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  I had a quick look through the Christmas schedules and it would seem that the yearly Review shows on the NC have been axed

Not that surprising really but still it's a shame

The programmes are there on the 27th for me?

(09-12-2023, 11:49 AM)arbrax Wrote:  The programmes are there on the 27th for me?

Ah yes indeed they are. They're under a different programme listing to before which explains why I couldn't find them

Seem to be four episodes:

1.  The Biggest Stories
2.  The Year in Sport
3.  The Royal Year
4.  We Remember

Last word on FingerGate - I would have thought that considering the number of times they've had that issue where it cuts to the studio shot mid-countdown without any warning would make them particularly careful about what they're doing on set. For all they know it could have cut to them when the countdown was still on 20.
[-] The following 4 users Like FactorFiles's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, interestednovice

(09-12-2023, 12:08 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Seem to be four episodes:

1.  The Biggest Stories
2.  The Year in Sport
3.  The Royal Year
4.  We Remember

There are missing one programme 2023: The Year BBC News Channel changed…

(09-12-2023, 12:24 PM)FactorFiles Wrote:  Last word on FingerGate - I would have thought that considering the number of times they've had that issue where it cuts to the studio shot mid-countdown without any warning would make them particularly careful about what they're doing on set. For all they know it could have cut to them when the countdown was still on 20.

I think presenting the Saturday night bulletins on BBC1 a few days later is probably the last word on the matter.