BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(09-12-2023, 09:01 AM)Connews Wrote:  Lauren Taylor formerly of Al Jazeera presenting the early shift from London today. Excellent!

And another “new” face in the studio this morning - Devina Gupta who (according to a Google search) usually works for the BBC World Service.

On another note, does anyone else love it when the headline bed is left playing slightly over the titles? I just think it sounds really funky.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bax, chrisherald, interestednovice, Reith85

I always like it when the "doom doom" bass of the headline meets the "doom doom" of the titles in time.

On another note - what's stopping the channel or even bulletins using the full title sequence?
I always feel like the current titles are far too rushed. Didn't like them when it was introduced on the Ten however many years ago, still don't like them now..
Even worse on the nationals when it has the slow build-up followed by the quick finish.

Another question that isn't 100% relevant but I don't really think warrants its own thread -- when versions of the long sequence are used, like in the old 'long' NC 2013 titles, nations or language services, why is it that a continent (I think the Australias?) disappears when the globe goes up/down? The only sequence where this seems to not happen are the World HD titles.
www.youtube.com 

For reference- the fourth scene in this clip

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 2 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

The 2008 titles don't have this issue. It's the 2013 NC (and 2019 Reporting Scotland titles as well, they're based off of NC's titles) titles that have this quirk.
I actually prefer the nationals version, simply because it's just longer.

One thing I never understood was the reason why did they change the placenames in the first frame in 2022.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

The 2013 NC titles also have continents overlapping with each other in the first frame (I assume the Americas and Eurasia?), whereas 2008-13 NC/World titles don't have that quirk.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

Here's a comparison between 2013 World titles (the first frame) vs current titles used now (both for the nationals and the merged NC)

up.metropol247.co.uk 

[-] The following 4 users Like Henry's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, TVHead

The News at Ten opened from the desk today instead of the tower screen - it looks like the tower may have a minor fault at the bottom.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 5 users Like DrewF's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Rolling News

(04-12-2023, 08:46 AM)Spencer Wrote:  Nah, that’s clearly a toilet brush.

You were right. Toilet brushes all round.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chud's post:
  • interestednovice, Spencer, Stuart

(09-12-2023, 09:01 AM)Connews Wrote:  Lauren Taylor formerly of Al Jazeera presenting the early shift from London today. Excellent!

For those who want to see Lauren present.
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 7 users Like harryb's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, interestednovice, oscillon, Rolling News, thePineapple, watchingtv

(12-12-2023, 10:57 AM)harryb Wrote:  For those who want to see Lauren present.
www.youtube.com 

Also formally of the ITV News channel going back even further.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Worzel's post:
  • interestednovice

Is there a rule now that the News Channel is not to be mentioned or promoted on the 6 & 10? Tonight's Commons vote is obviously live on the NC and in years gone by Sophie would've ended the 6 by telling viewers they could watch it live on the NC but instead she said "join us at 10 for the result" with no mention of the NC.

In fact the only time I ever see the NC promoted on BBC 1 bulletins now is at weekends from E. I don't think I've ever seen the NC mentioned on bulletins from B. I get the NC is not what it once was for UK viewers but it still exists as a UK channel, there's no reason not to mention it.
Very strange.
[-] The following 6 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • AndrewP, bax, chrisherald, interestednovice, LargelyALurker, thePineapple

(12-12-2023, 07:57 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Is there a rule now that the News Channel is not to be mentioned or promoted on the 6 & 10? Tonight's Commons vote is obviously live on the NC and in years gone by Sophie would've ended the 6 by telling viewers they could watch it live on the NC but instead she said "join us at 10 for the result" with no mention of the NC.

In fact the only time I ever see the NC promoted on BBC 1 bulletins now is at weekends from E. I don't think I've ever seen the NC mentioned on bulletins from B.
Very strange.
Based on precedent, it's an odd omission, especially as the channel does still cover it. But, to be honest, I think anybody who is interested in watching this kind of thing is probably aware of the BBC News channel and would expect to find it there.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

It's probably less to do with the news channel cuts and more following a similar line to not mentioning the red button, 5 Live or even BBC1 when promoting content that is avaonline, on Doubds or on the iPlayer.

Is there a UK opt out for it then - thought they only did them in daytime?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald