BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(17-12-2023, 08:36 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So E has been out of use all weekend to put up the Xmas tree in the newsroom, but presumably we'll only get a glimpse of it on BBC 1 bulletins next weekend and on Xmas Day?
I think B should have a tree from tomorrow.

In previous years wasn't the Xmas tree put up in the newsroom overnight whilst the NC & World came from C, or did the news channel and BBC 1 weekend bulletins decamp to the old studios B or D for a weekend?

We should also see it on Verified Live on Wednesday afternoon.

I'm pretty sure they didn't decamp anywhere in previous years and the trees were put up in the newsroom overnight. That might well be the case this year, and they've just decided to have a random weekend of bulletins in B, for whatever reason!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald

(17-12-2023, 01:56 PM)itsrobert Wrote:  I remember being told how it was possible to sneak to a nearby pub when ITN used to be at Wells Street many decades ago. Apparently there were a few boozy News at One's over the years!
Apparently Reginald Bosanquet was rather fond of his boozy early evening meals and regularly presented NaT half-cut.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • cando, itsrobert, woodnorton

(17-12-2023, 08:36 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So E has been out of use all weekend to put up the Xmas tree in the newsroom, but presumably we'll only get a glimpse of it on BBC 1 bulletins next weekend and on Xmas Day?
I think B should have a tree from tomorrow.

In previous years wasn't the Xmas tree put up in the newsroom overnight whilst the NC & World came from C, or did the news channel and BBC 1 weekend bulletins decamp to the old studios B or D for a weekend?
Didn't they only use to put a tree up for Christmas Day itself, or perhaps the three days if they were feeling festive.

I think with the news as it is at the moment dominated by war it might look somewhat inappropriate really. If viewers are that fussed they can put on up in their own living room.

Noticed the gill sans logo on BBC (world) News a couple of minutes ago, sorry for the tv pic.

(17-12-2023, 10:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Didn't they only use to put a tree up for Christmas Day itself, or perhaps the three days if they were feeling festive.

I think with the news as it is at the moment dominated by war it might look somewhat inappropriate really. If viewers are that fussed they can put on up in their own living room.

For at least the last decade or so, the (now former) News Channel had a tree in the background for at least a week before Christmas Day itself. I'm not sure if that was always the case and what they did when the channel was News 24 and when they were in Studio N8. I know Breakfast has had a tree in the studio for at least 2 weeks before Christmas Day but again not sure if that's always been the way or for how many years (I imagine this being the same for regional news). The network bulletins have only had a tree for as long as they've shared a studio with the News Channel, although the late bulletin on Christmas Eve and bulletins on Christmas Day first got a festive ending in 2007 when they still had their own studio in N6 during the blue skyline backdrop era.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald

(17-12-2023, 10:33 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  For at least the last decade or so, the (now former) News Channel had a tree in the background for at least a week before Christmas Day itself. I'm not sure if that was always the case and what they did when the channel was News 24 and when they were in Studio N8. I know Breakfast has had a tree in the studio for at least 2 weeks before Christmas Day but again not sure if that's always been the way or for how many years (I imagine this being the same for regional news). The network bulletins have only had a tree for as long as they've shared a studio with the News Channel, although the late bulletin on Christmas Eve and bulletins on Christmas Day first got a festive ending in 2007 when they still had their own studio in N6 during the blue skyline backdrop era.

As I recall when the News channel was News 24 and in N8 it typically inherited one or both of Breakfast's tree(s) on Christmas Eve. It wasn't exactly the most breathtaking example you'd ever seen.

ibb.co 

Around 2010/2011 when the News channel had to decamp from N6 to N9 for the Barco screens upgrade, they had a larger artificial tree in the background.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • BN88, chrisherald, Rolling News

Christmas tree is up in B in the same position as last year:

Seems as though they were trying to hide it during the top story but ended up cutting Ben off for a second or two

[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, thePineapple

Interesting that they have a green tree, with the regions with Studio B inspired sets having white ones.
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, UTVLifer

(18-12-2023, 05:34 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Interesting that they have a green tree, with the regions with Studio B inspired sets having white ones.
A white tree against a predominately white background would be fairly pointless from a design point of view.
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, interestednovice

Good point, but that hasn’t stopped them with the trees for the regions!

Green trees would stand out far better and look more natural. They would also match the trees in NBH. Why did they pick white?
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, UTVLifer