BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Surprised to see newsday on air on Xmas day.
Looks like one slightly positive change is that all locations I’ll be sharing Xmas shifts in the same proportion as a normal week.
[-] The following 6 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, interestednovice, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer

Washington also made a very nice effort for their outro

x.com 

(24-12-2023, 06:47 PM)Stuart Wrote:  We may well see a trial run in May for the local elections.

I think the days of huge sets in TC1 or at Elstree are long gone. They managed perfectly well with the last iteration of Studio B, which looked rather nice with bits of AR all over the place IIRC.

However, I don't think the empty white warehouse that is currently Studio B will look as effective.

May 2nd/3rd next year might well be a mega election night - with local & mayoral elections in England, PCC elections in England & Wales and possibly even a General Election all at the same time. Pure speculation of course but preparations will probably start in the new year covering the possibility of an early May mega election program.
[-] The following 3 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, UTVLifer

Without delving into politics but it's more likely the election will be October.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • chrisherald

(25-12-2023, 12:56 PM)XIII Wrote:  Without delving into politics but it's more likely the election will be October.
I think the parliamentary term will simply be allowed to expire (as in 2010), with the election held on 27 January 2025. There is no incentive for it to be held earlier.

I don't think there will be a problem with the broadcasters trying to cover a US and UK election campaign at the same time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • chrisherald

Studio B also used for the BBC One Christmas Day bulletins.

It does look like E is out of action long term at the moment.

Maryam and Tomasz presenting the news and weather together. The headlines can write themselves...
[-] The following 6 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, bax, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon, SlimyTrain

(25-12-2023, 02:09 PM)Stuart Wrote:  I think the parliamentary term will simply be allowed to expire (as in 2010), with the election held on 27 January 2025. There is no incentive for it to be held earlier.

Winter elections can be risky though as adverse weather conditions would suppress voter turnout, especially in the demographic a certain party relies on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes itsrobert's post:
  • chrisherald

(25-12-2023, 03:51 PM)itsrobert Wrote:  Winter elections can be risky though as adverse weather conditions would suppress voter turnout, especially in the demographic a certain party relies on!

I also don’t think any politicians of any colour, or voters for that matter, have a great appetite for an election campaign over Christmas ahead of a January 2025 election. Plus Sunak has said the election will be next year. Not that a u-turn can ever be ruled out in politics.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

(25-12-2023, 03:51 PM)itsrobert Wrote:  Winter elections can be risky though as adverse weather conditions would suppress voter turnout, especially in the demographic a certain party relies on!
Apathy tends to suppress voter turn out, for supporters of all flavours, not whether or not it's raining.

(23-12-2023, 07:34 PM)Mike Wrote:  About right, but then I suspect the tree isn't for the viewer's benefit, it's a working building remember and can be seen from the street and reception area, so I suspect it's for passersby's benefit too.
It could easily be just for newsroom morale, did any of the previous sets get decorated with trees or plants like poinsettias. The letters a staple in the US usually the local garden/farm/nursery strikes a deal free flowers for a a brief 1 second end credit at the end of the newscast.
(23-12-2023, 08:27 PM)Chud Wrote:  Not hear anything about A for months. Apart from J seems to be renamed A. So maybe A has closed down? Hopefully they will move into E full time instead of using C. Or ideally use one of the studios for the UK opt but I know that’s dreaming.
So the virtual studio has been scrapped? I’d assume they’d want to keep it for elections or such. If it’s not used it could be storage?
[-] The following 1 user Likes rkolsen's post:
  • UTVLifer