BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(24-12-2023, 09:14 PM)Critique Wrote:  We’ve already had a trial run - there were local elections this year that used the current set in Studio B and I think it looked quite nice, certainly better than the awful VR ‘empty NBH’ that they chucked on top of the old set at the 2019 general election. In comparison, the newsroom they added to the balcony screens for the local elections this year was particularly effective:

www.linkedin.com 

Not sure how I missed this at the time, but Studio B looks stunning here! The ‘balconies’ are particularly effective, some really clever design work there and looks really quite realistic.

A splash of colour also improves that studio immeasurably - the national bulletins could really benefit from some dark blue or purple lighting somewhere!

In terms of the election date, conventional wisdom in Westminster is pointing almost certainly to a November/early December election, which I think is probably the most likely scenario. I’m sure the BBC will make a decision on an election team in time for the spring just in case, however.
[-] The following 5 users Like AaronTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, DTV

Agree - the top level seems to have a point in this set up, even if it is a fairly generic gallery backdrop but it's positioning means it actually works, unlike often when it's the immediate backdrop behind the presenter.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, Jayesyn

(27-12-2023, 12:41 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Or - heaven forbid - the same presenter could do both!

If London is like other regions, the presenter is going to be producing the bulletin too, so that's not really going to save much?

Is the catch up always pitched at those for whom Newsround would be too difficult to understand?
They’ve just aired it on the NC and quite frankly you’d think it was aimed at preschoolers given the combination of the stories covered and the level of depth they were covered in.
[-] The following 6 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • ACTV, AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, Stuart

Isn't The Catch Up on BBC Three? I haven't heard of it being on the BBC News channel until now.

(30-12-2023, 12:21 AM)chadblake4785@gmail.com Wrote:  Isn't The Catch Up on BBC Three? I haven't heard of it being on the BBC News channel until now.

It is, but has been used as filler overnight on the UK feed of BBC News.
[-] The following 7 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

Pres Café's very own NickyS making his BBC One and Studio B debut today, with the Lunchtime News.

(30-12-2023, 03:15 PM)James Wrote:  Pres Café's very own NickyS making his BBC One and Studio B debut today, with the Lunchtime News.

Congratulations, Nicky, it's about time!

I don’t know where to post this, since severe weather is hitting the UK with possible tornadoes is there US style storm coverage? I know there are no computers on set but they could be used as voice overs.

I remember one time being told there are no US style tickers being able to insert into regions but maybe with centralized play out now could it be possible?

www.youtube.com 

(Despite rolling coverage there’s the ticker)

Or do people turn to radio primarily for severe wx if so are the meteorologists or someone relaying info from the Met Office continuously? More people watch the TV vs listen on the radio , but many TV stations that are contract for radio forecasts maybe simulcast. In the above video the coverage was on its sister stations WBAL-AM and WIYY.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rkolsen's post:
  • chrisherald

No, we just get on with it and judge the level of potential danger by the number of pictures of a wheelie bin on its side posted on Facebook. Wink

Generally we can tell if it's wet and windy by looking out the window. It really would infuriate viewers hunkered down at home if half the programme they were watching was obscured by a graphic telling them its raining.
[-] The following 7 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, eyeTV, James, Nobby, Rolling News, UTVLifer