BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

It's hugely noticeable (and very refreshing!) how pacy the 6pm headlines are at the moment - wonder if that's Sophie's influence! About 35 seconds to the regional opt this evening.

During that Breakfast post office segment, Nicky Campbell appeared and said he’s on radio2, bbc news channel and bbc two I turned over to bbc2 and it was the Uk opt service instead.

I am guessing no one has told Nicky Campbell then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

Just looked on iPlayer, they started the 9am hour with the opt-out and a short interview, but joined Nicky Campbell from 9:03am for the rest of the hour.
[-] The following 2 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • chrisherald, harshy

Oh dear, I really hoped his radio show had been dropped. Very poor that the BBC are persisting with it.
[-] The following 4 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Rolling News, Stuart

(09-01-2024, 07:06 PM)steve Wrote:  It's hugely noticeable (and very refreshing!) how pacy the 6pm headlines are at the moment - wonder if that's Sophie's influence! About 35 seconds to the regional opt this evening.

That´s great to hear. They should reimplement the 2007 BBC World and News 24 headlines theme to give it more pace. I always thought that the classic bed is too slow.

Here were last night's headlines - 37 seconds, a brief SOT, using the towers to support the sequence. More please.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like steve's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, Deejay, DTV, harryb, Jayesyn, LDN, matthieu1221, oscillon, Reith85, Rolling News

Did any other regions get the wrong presenter for the Six in the announcement or was it just East? According to the continuity announcement Reeta was presenting but it was actually Sophie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • watchingtv

I think it was just East, my region had it right!

(10-01-2024, 07:02 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Did any other regions get the wrong presenter for the Six in the announcement or was it just East? According to the continuity announcement Reeta was presenting but it was actually Sophie.

Not here in the East Midlands - we had Sophie announced.

Minor change to the screens at the top of the studio on the 'balcony'I noticed this week, some fake double doors with circular windows... not sure of its reasoning...

This is before:
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

And after:
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 14 users Like harryb's post:
  • AndrewP, bax, bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe, matthieu1221, oscillon, Reith85, RhysJR, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, thePineapple, UTVLifer, watchingtv