BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(17-01-2024, 04:24 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I agree with you on that logic, although I do wonder if it might be possible to install the ElectricFriends cameras in the same space as the existing Furio tracks. If that is the case (a big if admittedly) they could more easily be replaced later as a “modular” component of the set.
Doubt it, electricfriends camera tracks are much wider than the Furio's, plus would require the floor being redone anyway. Also would be surprised if they'd work in Studio E - clearance is an issue (low ceiling + lights reduces possible height of moving components) and, aside from just being tall, they're also quite chunky, so might end up blocking out lighting paths.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice

(17-01-2024, 05:29 PM)DTV Wrote:  Doubt it, electricfriends camera tracks are much wider than the Furio's, plus would require the floor being redone anyway. Also would be surprised if they'd work in Studio E - clearance is an issue (low ceiling + lights reduces possible height of moving components) and, aside from just being tall, they're also quite chunky, so might end up blocking out lighting paths.

Interesting points that I hadn’t thought of!

That’s probably why they are keeping the Furios then. Light boxes etc should be OK for years to come, and the round desk suits the shape of the studio.
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(17-01-2024, 05:29 PM)DTV Wrote:  Doubt it, electricfriends camera tracks are much wider than the Furio's, plus would require the floor being redone anyway. Also would be surprised if they'd work in Studio E - clearance is an issue (low ceiling + lights reduces possible height of moving components) and, aside from just being tall, they're also quite chunky, so might end up blocking out lighting paths.

I’d imagine the screens and desk would be replaced as a minimum. The flooring around the desk is really bashed up if you look closely.

Also, does anyone know who the lady is that’s currently presenting the coverage of the Rwanda bill? Not seen her before and she’s doing a great job.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(17-01-2024, 08:11 PM)Chud Wrote:  I’d imagine the screens and desk would be replaced as a minimum. The flooring around the desk is really bashed up if you look closely.

Also, does anyone know who the lady is that’s currently presenting the coverage of the Rwanda bill? Not seen her before and she’s doing a great job.

She’s Anna Foster. She presented a couple of shifts last summer and led the NC coverage on location when the Israel-Gaza war began in October. Agreed she is very good.
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Chud, interestednovice, LDN, oscillon

Anna also did rolling coverage on location for the Chester Hospital Maternity Inquiry for the UK opt-out last year.
[-] The following 5 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Chud, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(17-01-2024, 08:11 PM)Chud Wrote:  I’d imagine the screens and desk would be replaced as a minimum. The flooring around the desk is really bashed up if you look closely.
I'm not sure why they'd replace the desk of all things in a half-revamp. You'll have to replace it with an almost identical one as nothing else would fit - certainly not one similar to the one in Studio B. Ripping up the rostrum would also be odd given that, at that point, you've basically committed to replacing everything but the lightboxes.
[-] The following 7 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(17-01-2024, 08:24 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  She’s Anna Foster. She presented a couple of shifts last summer and led the NC coverage on location when the Israel-Gaza war began in October. Agreed she is very good.

Ah yes I recognise her now from her location coverage. Great experience to be able to present on the news channel too. Thanks
[-] The following 4 users Like Chud's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, interestednovice, Rolling News

The 6 & 10 are on the road tomorrow by the sounds of it. Reeta mentioned that Sophie Raworth will be presenting live from Belfast.
[-] The following 11 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, arbrax, bax, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, RhysJR, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(17-01-2024, 11:30 PM)TVfan23 Wrote:  The 6 & 10 are on the road tomorrow by the sounds of it. Reeta mentioned that Sophie Raworth will be presenting live from Belfast.

Actually sounds like a relevant day to be touring for a change, with tonight being the legal deadline for a fresh Stormont assembly election to be called, if devolution has not been restored (though this is likely just to be extended by the Westminster government once again).

www.rte.ie 
[-] The following 8 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, matthieu1221, Superman1986, UTVLifer

I just came across “AI decided” on YouTube. As I don’t watch the context as the constant talking heads does my head in.

What on earth is the sting for it all about. Of course they’ve used the bit of music that’s used every where else but the graphics look like a PowerPoint title card. It has no connection to any bbc news branding (but at the moment there seems to be no consistent theme across any news). It’s not as if the branding filters down to a special lower thirds.

Also wouldn’t it make more sense for click to do this or is click gone too?

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ViridianFan's post:
  • chrisherald