BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(14-02-2024, 04:33 PM)RDJ Wrote:  I assume we may start seeing random faces being trialled out on The One in preparation for its move to Salford later in the year.

I assume so. Also it's half term, which possibly makes them even shorter of presenters than usual.

Agree she did a great job though. Certainly one to watch for the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • interestednovice

(14-02-2024, 04:33 PM)RDJ Wrote:  I assume we may start seeing random faces being trialled out on The One in preparation for its move to Salford later in the year.

Yes, it is worth remembering that she is back based in the north west since returning from Beirut. Not that they have have announced anything yet over the new extended News at One O'clock, but it would not be a massive leap to suggest she would be a good candidate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newsjunkie's post:
  • interestednovice

(14-02-2024, 04:41 PM)House Wrote:  Anna was excellent - as much of a natural in the tv studio as she is behind a radio mic or reporting in the field.

Also seems like we’ve seen a lot more of Jane Hill lately on the 6 and 10 (which is very welcome).

Wonder if more Jane on the later bulletins may mean Sophie and Clive are involved in testing for the election.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice

So we’ve had Luxmy on Saturday and Anna today. Both showing that the BBC have talented people waiting in the wings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pjjp1991's post:
  • interestednovice

(14-02-2024, 04:41 PM)House Wrote:  Anna was excellent - as much of a natural in the tv studio as she is behind a radio mic or reporting in the field.

Also seems like we’ve seen a lot more of Jane Hill lately on the 6 and 10 (which is very welcome).

Clive's been noticeably absent in recent weeks, as has Ben Brown (for whatever reason) which has seen a lot of double shifting on the 1/6 and 6/10, with Jane appearing on the latter a lot more often in recent weeks.
[-] The following 3 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Superman1986

Anna Foster was obviously based in Salford when she was on 5LiveDrive, so could be a logical move back from foreign correspondent for a northern news at 1?

(14-02-2024, 07:29 PM)TVfan23 Wrote:  Clive's been noticeably absent in recent weeks, as has Ben Brown (for whatever reason) which has seen a lot of double shifting on the 1/6 and 6/10, with Jane appearing on the latter a lot more often in recent weeks.

I know Clive has other commitments such as Mastermind and as said above could be involved in testing for the election. Ben is probably in training/preparation/rehearsals for his new role on the News Channel.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart

(14-02-2024, 05:45 PM)newsjunkie Wrote:  Yes, it is worth remembering that she is back based in the north west since returning from Beirut. Not that they have have announced anything yet over the new extended News at One O'clock, but it would not be a massive leap to suggest she would be a good candidate.

Indeed, and I saw this week the first new job that was advertised as both for Breakfast and the One - perhaps the first indication of how closely linked they’ll be (as we assumed, closely!)

(14-02-2024, 07:29 PM)TVfan23 Wrote:  Clive's been noticeably absent in recent weeks, as has Ben Brown (for whatever reason) which has seen a lot of double shifting on the 1/6 and 6/10, with Jane appearing on the latter a lot more often in recent weeks.

Yes, unusually this week we had Reeta doing the 1 and Jane doing the 10.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong, but I’d be surprised if the BBC appointed new presenters for the News at One given Ben Brown’s recent appointment to the London-based News Channel expressly stated he will continue on the former, which is due to move in only a few months.

Has it also been confirmed anywhere that Anna’s stint as a foreign correspondent has actually ended?