BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Isn't part of the plan for more reporters to double up as presenters, so whilst there may be a dedicated main presenter the stand ins may not necessarily be full time presenters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • interestednovice

(12-02-2024, 02:29 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  I can't see anything scheduled for the by-elections on Thursday night?

Newscast and a Michael McIntyre repeat on BBC One, and the usual Newsday on the News Channel is what is scheduled on the BBC website.

It's now being reported that the Kingswood results won't be in before 4am and Wellingborough by mid-morning, so probably a good call in the end.
[-] The following 5 users Like Transmission's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, RhysJR, UTVLifer

It's worth noting that Huw Edwards is still on sick leave, at least according to an article in The Times from a fortnight ago. Presumably this complicates staffing arrangements a bit, as at least in theory he may still return to the Six/Ten. I imagine the use of reporters that double up as presenters can be useful in these situations, in filling temporary gaps due to staff sickness/holidays.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, MrMe, UTVLifer

(15-02-2024, 01:55 PM)Keith Wrote:  It's worth noting that Huw Edwards is still on sick leave, at least according to an article in The Times from a fortnight ago. Presumably this complicates staffing arrangements a bit, as at least in theory he may still return to the Six/Ten. I imagine the use of reporters that double up as presenters can be useful in these situations, in filling temporary gaps due to staff sickness/holidays.

I’m sure they could overcome this issue by contracts being “interim” appointments which would leave the door open for a - I must admit unlikely - return for Huw.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • chrisherald

Three ropey captions within the space of a few seconds on the Ten tonight. The third one is particularly odd - is that a timecode for the aston, which has somehow appeared within the on-screen text?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No by-election special on BBC News Channel tonight? Sky and even GB News have one.

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 

(16-02-2024, 01:22 AM)Ste Wrote:  No by-election special on BBC News Channel tonight? Sky and even GB News have one.

The opt-out studio is being used on the UK feed of the NC. Sir John Curtice is also at BH in the newsroom "Election Hub"

Hannah Miller is at one of the counts.
[-] The following 4 users Like London Lite's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, MLehon, Reith85

(16-02-2024, 01:22 AM)Ste Wrote:  No by-election special on BBC News Channel tonight? Sky and even GB News have one.
The election coverage was there in the back half-hours, at 00:30 and 01:30, anchored by Nicky S, and is continuing into the 2am hour now in place of a usual DC-orginated newscast.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

(16-02-2024, 12:22 AM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Three ropey captions within the space of a few seconds on the Ten tonight. The third one is particularly odd - is that a timecode for the aston, which has somehow appeared within the on-screen text?

Not sure what is odd about the first two. The third I agree is strange - dates in the wrong format was my first instinct.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

It seems odd seeing Nick Eardley reporting on things like London Fashion Week (as he is on today's Breakfast) when there's an arguably big political story today, re. the Labour by-election wins. I'm assuming he's no longer a political correspondent - seems a shame as he was very good in that role.
[-] The following 5 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, GMc