BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(16-02-2024, 08:15 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not sure what is odd about the first two. The third I agree is strange - dates in the wrong format was my first instinct.

In the first I can see a spelling error “Pctures”. In the second I believe “Hospital doctor” should be on a second line of text?
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • interestednovice, Nobby

(16-02-2024, 08:34 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  In the first I can see a spelling error “Pctures”. In the second I believe “Hospital doctor” should be on a second line of text?

I think the second one is describing an anonymous figure, no? So the equivalent of ‘Voice of Grenfell firefighter’, in which case keeping it on one line makes sense.
[-] The following 3 users Like House's post:
  • Brekkie, interestednovice, Rolling News

(16-02-2024, 03:15 AM)oscillon Wrote:  The election coverage was there in the back half-hours, at 00:30 and 01:30, anchored by Nicky S, and is continuing into the 2am hour now in place of a usual DC-orginated newscast.
There was also half-an-hour of coverage at 10:30pm replacing the Newsnight simulcast, before joining Newsday at 11pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • interestednovice

Actually the right call by the BBC. The news is the declaration, not filling for hours ahead of it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, DTV, interestednovice

(16-02-2024, 09:39 AM)House Wrote:  I think the second one is describing an anonymous figure, no? So the equivalent of ‘Voice of Grenfell firefighter’, in which case keeping it on one line makes sense.

D'oh - you're absolutely right. Sorry, this is why I shouldn't post late at night...
[-] The following 3 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • House, interestednovice, Rolling News

The Flashing Breaking has disappeared on the captions on this important story.
[-] The following 4 users Like Gordonthegopher's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon

Luckily, you still know it is breaking news because the lower thirds are in the special “burn your eyes out red” used for such news!

(16-02-2024, 04:37 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  Luckily, you still know it is breaking news because the lower thirds are in the special “burn your eyes out red” used for such news!

*Burn your eyes and your screen's shade of red
[-] The following 2 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

I am guessing the Daily Global is still the Daily Global, i remember someone said it was due to change this month?
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • oscillon

(17-02-2024, 11:04 AM)harshy Wrote:  I am guessing the Daily Global is still the Daily Global, i remember someone said it was due to change this month?

According to the schedules week commencing 26 February the 7pm slot is still The Daily Global. Originally I thought it was changing to The World Today in January.

I presume it’s still happening as Maryam has tweeted a few times about spending a lot of time in preparation for it, so maybe it’s been delayed further, perhaps to coincide with the ‘new’ chief presenters and a whole new schedule starting?
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, conrad73, harshy, interestednovice, oscillon, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer