BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(20-02-2024, 10:46 PM)Rhys j Wrote:  My prediction on the presentation of The World Today.
New titles.
Everything else will be the same.
Which will then beg the question why has it taken so long to create this "new" programme?

Anyway I might be proved wrong, only time will tell.

They had to rehearse. Big Grin It takes so much to do the same old, blandest, most basic possible thing.
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • chrisherald, GeeTeeKay474, Pips2022

(20-02-2024, 06:20 PM)LDN Wrote:  ibb.co 

Well, just as I expected, that looks f**king terrible.

I think I've seen something similar to that.
Oh, right...
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 8 users Like Henry's post:
  • ACTV, AndrewP, bkman1990, chris, chrisherald, LDN, mouseboy33, xlalonce

(21-02-2024, 10:47 AM)Henry Wrote:  I think I've seen something similar to that.
Oh, right...
up.metropol247.co.uk 

I’ve always wondered were they a trailing them to replace the cream and red branding and then instead went with the clamshell?

Quote:Your three caps there are arguably no better than what’s coming. Especially the first one.
Id agree with you about the first one but the other two are a 1000 times better. The 2007 clamshell look was retired far too early.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ViridianFan's post:
  • chrisherald

Maryam has tweeted out a slightly worse version of The World Today title card, with a picture of her awkwardly photoshopped onto it - which has also been used for this morning's press release about the new show

x.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, Rolling News, xlalonce

They just could use the regular titles and slap "The World Today" on it like it was the case with Afternoon Live or Newsroom Live.

It would have looked way better than this.
[-] The following 6 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • bkman1990, chris, chrisherald, GeeTeeKay474, UTVLifer, xlalonce

I wish they would move “The World” to the left by half a space.
[-] The following 8 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, LDN, matthieu1221, Rolling News, Spencer, UTVLifer

(20-02-2024, 10:46 PM)Rhys j Wrote:  My prediction on the presentation of The World Today.
New titles.
Everything else will be the same.
Which will then beg the question why has it taken so long to create this "new" programme?

Anyway I might be proved wrong, only time will tell.

They need to rehearse their new, bland, generic opening tag line to introduce their branded generic bulletin which is very difficult to pull off… Big Grin

The tag line is probably sth along the lines of “Hello welcome to The World Today where we will take a look at the world today blah blah blah…”
[-] The following 4 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, Lec_Ver16, Reith85, xlalonce

(20-02-2024, 06:20 PM)LDN Wrote:  ibb.co 

Well, just as I expected, that looks f**king terrible.

I pray the English Regions don’t adapt those titles in the next big BBC News rebrand? 🙏
[-] The following 2 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, GeeTeeKay474

(21-02-2024, 12:26 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Maryam has tweeted out a slightly worse version of The World Today title card, with a picture of her awkwardly photoshopped onto it - which has also been used for this morning's press release about the new show

x.com 

Wow. Im sorry. But this is just terrible. Not much else can be said. Its just awkward and chopped up and bland. Who is approving this stuff? This is what happens when you design by committee. It looks very much like something from W1A. Geez.
[-] The following 3 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Apart from the alignment issues, I actually think it looks alright - certainly better than some of the other efforts and definitely better than the old Afternoon/Newsroom Live titles. It might be simple, but it's clean and manages to capture a BBC News vibe that the others haven't. Will need to see it in motion, though, to make a full judgement (e.g., the Verified Live titles had potential in still form, but the titles did not like up to that).

It's the format that I'm most interested in - as ever, I hope for something considered, World News Today-like, but expect we'll be palmed off with more tedious talking heads.
[-] The following 8 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, chrisherald, interestednovice, Michael Wotton, Superman1986, thePineapple, UTVLifer