BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

According to Maryam on Twitter the theme music is different!
x.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like Universal_r's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, ivlm001, matthieu1221, Michael Wotton, oscillon, Reith85, Rolling News, UTVLifer

They’ll also be using more of the catwalk (just not today)

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Michael Wotton, Reith85

They have brought back the 2000 version of the World Today music…
[-] The following 5 users Like Frances's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon, Superman1986, watchingtv

Just watched the opening of The World Today on BBC News International feed. Feeling very 1999! Mixed with present.
[-] The following 4 users Like mokked's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Superman1986

The World Today off to a nice start - graphics on the studio screens and a theme that is not the 2023 generic titles music but instead something more reminiscent of the 2003 theme
[-] The following 3 users Like TVHead's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Superman1986

The World Today, on BBC News Smile

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

Couple of other things regarding presentation:

Background appears to be the same generic one, no customization

Program name bug, however, made a comeback: now it's red-on-white, "Coming up" in the headlines of the program is done the same way.

[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice

My God, it's the early morning BBC World music theme. I never thought I would hear that wonderful sound again. Keep expecting for Martine Dennis to appear. Exclamation
[-] The following 7 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, oscillon, RhysJR, watchingtv

Nice to see the comeback of the slug for The World Today, iirc it's only been The Context (and Nicky Campbell) that have had one since the merger

(21-02-2024, 12:52 PM)ALV Wrote:  They need to rehearse their new, bland, generic opening tag line to introduce their branded generic bulletin which is very difficult to pull off… Big Grin

The tag line is probably sth along the lines of “Hello welcome to The World Today where we will take a look at the world today blah blah blah…”

Exactly, wouldn’t want to say “Live from London, this is BBC News” when they mean to say: “Live from London, this is The World Today. Looking at the biggest stories from around the world and bringing you the latest analysis from the BBC’s team of journalists across the globe. I’m Maryam Moshiri.”

I haven’t actually seen it yet, as don’t have access to the international feed currently!

(21-02-2024, 07:27 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Couple of other things regarding presentation:

Background appears to be the same generic one, no customization

A bit of a missed opportunity. I would have liked to see a comeback for the London Skyline daytime backdrop, and for a programme which is based in London but looks at news from across the world (a bit like GMT used to) it would have been quite appropriate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald