BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I think that some are reacting positively to a really basic title sequence with 20-25 year old music shows how far presentatuon wise standards at BBC News have fallen.
[-] The following 13 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • all new phil, chaose, Charles, chrisherald, fatal paper cut, itsrf, JamieD, JJJJ, kookaburra, LargelyALurker, msim, Spencer, Will

(22-02-2024, 07:16 AM)Hemsright Wrote:  Bit of a personal view but I think Verified Live & News Now are just placeholder programmes until the actual programmes like "The World Today" get finished. I mean whats the point of making studio graphics, music or..anything for a programme that you know is going to be replaced anyway?

If that was the case, and unless they’re able to sell specific sponsorship or advertising to ‘News Now’ or ‘Verified alive’, why not just use generic BBC News branding for those slots if they’re temporary? It’s not like they’re actually anything other than BBC News bulletins anyway…
[-] The following 1 user Likes House's post:
  • kookaburra

(22-02-2024, 11:55 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think that some are reacting positively to a really basic title sequence with 20-25 year old music shows how far presentatuon wise standards at BBC News have fallen.

Yeah i love the theme, and some of us even have suggested in this thread to reuse the old themes instead of the same generic music over and over again. They have heard the feedback and that´s great!

But doesn´t take out the fact that this is cheap. If i hear the theme closely, it doesn´t even seem to be remixed except for some thunderclaps added on it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lec_Ver16's post:
  • UTVLifer

(22-02-2024, 11:55 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think that some are reacting positively to a really basic title sequence with 20-25 year old music shows how far presentatuon wise standards at BBC News have fallen.
They might be basic and the current era is not the best BBC News has ever looked, but I think this view that they're somehow exceptionally poor is a rather rose-tinted view of past BBC News graphics. In my view, The World Today set are aesthetically preferable and less cheap-looking than say the plasticy 100 Days titles or the 'After Effects filters galore' Afternoon Live/Newsroom Live efforts. Only really the News Now titles are genuinely 'wholly unacceptable' territory.
[-] The following 7 users Like DTV's post:
  • arbrax, chrisherald, ivlm001, kookaburra, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer

Maryam seemingly confirming that the Studio E refurb will include a tower

x.com 
[-] The following 15 users Like arbrax's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, ginnyfan, House, Keith, matthieu1221, Michael 18, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rhys j, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, UTVLifer

An interview for The World Today in Studio D!

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

ibb.co 

ibb.co 
[-] The following 1 user Likes EverythingFavs's post:
  • oscillon

(22-02-2024, 09:51 AM)harshy Wrote:  If they are going into the past might as well bring back GMT instead of News Now complete with Catwalk and a different background behind the presenter.

Might as well bring back World News Today and bring that add into the mix at the same time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary McEwan's post:
  • Superman1986

Seems World today is in a new studio today.

(22-02-2024, 08:43 PM)sparkyb28 Wrote:  Seems World today is in a new studio today.

It was a pre recorded interview that our Maryam did earlier (Studio D I think)

x.com 

Otherwise they’re in C as normal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • oscillon, UTVLifer

Looks good in studio D. Makes the screens in C look really washed out.
[-] The following 7 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, DTV, James, matthieu1221, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer