BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

It’s always the case however. BBC1 election coverage has been taken by BBC World before without them using those terms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • UTVLifer

(10-03-2024, 10:54 AM)i.h Wrote:  you mean like a news channel serving people around the world with the same material so viewers in say, Canada wouldn't be particularly well served if the script used only British specific terms?

I see people have quite strong opinions about an international-facing news channel using neutral terminology. Mine is that the British-facing news channel should use British terminology.

I agree with you - it sounds ridiculous to a UK audience for the NC to call Jeremy Hunt Britain’s finance minister, but it’s perfectly legitimate and indeed sensible for news agencies whose clients are based all over the world to do it.

(10-03-2024, 12:55 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  I agree with you - it sounds ridiculous to a UK audience for the NC to call Jeremy Hunt Britain’s finance minister, but it’s perfectly legitimate and indeed sensible for news agencies whose clients are based all over the world to do it.
Personally, I think the most ridiculous thing is actually being bothered by this at all. It's, at most, a one-second introductory clause that does not materially negatively impact anything but might positively aid the understanding of the story for the channel's majority international audience.
[-] The following 6 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, chrisherald, Joe, Manclad83, MLehon

(10-03-2024, 09:49 AM)harryb Wrote:  Excuse my poor screenshot but Laura did a preview of her show on the late news in front of Studio E. Can't see much other then towers and news catwalk screens in test mode.

up.metropol247.co.uk 

Is the newsroom hoop broken in 2 places? I thought the broken patch was on the opposite side, from the angle we used to see at the start of bulletins?

(10-03-2024, 09:49 AM)harryb Wrote:  Excuse my poor screenshot but Laura did a preview of her show on the late news in front of Studio E. Can't see much other then towers and news catwalk screens in test mode.

up.metropol247.co.uk 

The catwalk screens look deeper too - wonder if it’s getting a Studio B-style catwalk (I.e. a curved, full-height and width continuous screen)? Wonder what they’ll do on the (viewer’s) right hand side, where there used to be a screen?
[-] The following 3 users Like House's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon

(10-03-2024, 03:14 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Is the newsroom hoop broken in 2 places? I thought the broken patch was on the opposite side, from the angle we used to see at the start of bulletins?

Yes it is broken on this side and the other side where the newsroom trundle cam was situated.

(10-03-2024, 05:17 PM)House Wrote:  The catwalk screens look deeper too - wonder if it’s getting a Studio B-style catwalk (I.e. a curved, full-height and width continuous screen)? Wonder what they’ll do on the (viewer’s) right hand side, where there used to be a screen?

That side of the studio will please a few people on here when the studio goes to air again.
[-] The following 8 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, House, Lec_Ver16, Reith85, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer

I wonder if the studio could be modified to allow the desk to be switched over so bulletins can have the newsroom or the screen from the catwalk (which i hope that it will be upgraded) as alternatives for the background.

The last 15 minutes on the UK feed have been a bit of a muddle, opting into Nicky Campbell at 9:30am (as they seem to be doing now when deciding to take the visualisation), which is covering the first few minutes of the Reform UK press conference, then opting back to World to cover the Princess of Wales' statement, before once again rejoining 5 Live.

And with the comments last week about the different graphics system now used to visualise Nicky Campbell, I've done a quick capture as the UK feed joined, as it shows off both the 'usual' set up, and how they're using it in Breaking news mode, and overall how it slight differs from the usual Viz setups.
youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • chrisherald

(11-03-2024, 11:52 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  The last 15 minutes on the UK feed have been a bit of a muddle, opting into Nicky Campbell at 9:30am (as they seem to be doing now when deciding to take the visualisation), which is covering the first few minutes of the Reform UK press conference, then opting back to World to cover the Princess of Wales' statement, before once again rejoining 5 Live.
To be fair, they did not "opt back to World", as World feed was having Hardtalk in the BOTH, so they just utilized the World resources to opt-out of a radio simulcast.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald