BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I don’t rate her as an interviewer at all. Goes for confrontation over clarity. Her interviews are all sound and no light.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 4 users Like Moz's post:
  • DTV, fatal paper cut, interestednovice, Pompeytv

Either my Virgin box is having a meltdown or there's something definitely wrong with the News at 10 opening.

(15-03-2024, 11:01 PM)Gary McEwan Wrote:  Either my Virgin box is having a meltdown or there's something definitely wrong with the News at 10 opening.
Think it started just as Red Nose Day came off air. Seems to have been resolved now.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(15-03-2024, 11:01 PM)Gary McEwan Wrote:  Either my Virgin box is having a meltdown or there's something definitely wrong with the News at 10 opening.

It started on the BBC Creature Comforts trail, disappeared when East opted for the continuity into the news and returned over the headlines. It had disappeared when we opted back after the regional headlines.

BBC One West Midlands failed to opt out properly for their ident so we had the noise and the network continuity as well as local continuity for a few seconds.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • chrisherald

There seems to be a different audio issue on The News Channel at least on BBC iPlayer. It corrected itself when the pre-recorded opt played but came back afterwards.

Is there still "network continuity" now BBC1 HD is regionalised?

Had a watch back on iPlayer which had its region set to Scotland. There the sound was there for the last second of Comic Relief, disappeared for the junction and then returned for the national headlines.

On London it was all the way through the junction and ended during the local headlines

In the North West it was just on the junction, but not the local ident

It's definately timecode, but how it got onto the output I have no idea. The way it was on junctions and only on networked content would suggest it originated in playout, not news or distribution. Odd that the North West seemed to avoid it on the network headlines when no one else did

(15-03-2024, 11:22 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Is there still "network continuity" now BBC1 HD is regionalised?
Not sure what you mean. In England the only regional continuity is before regional programmes. Everything else is 'network'
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • chrisherald, thePineapple

Reeta mentioned it at the end with an apology. Also just watching via the News Channel feed and something’s sounded different with the audio all the way through.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • chrisherald

(15-03-2024, 11:26 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Not sure what you mean. In England the only regional continuity is before regional programmes. Everything else is 'network'

Isn't there the BBC North split continuity at times now (albeit not signposted on screen)?