BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Deadline are reporting that Mark Easton and Daniela Relph are the two candidates still in contention for the new Royal Editor post

deadline.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Reith85

With the left-hand screen removed in Studio E maybe they could use this angle in Studio E where one of the catwalk screens is used like they did for Studio C. Although it might possibly be uncomfortable for the presenter. The angle can be seen at 1:35.
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Independent's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Stuart

(10-04-2024, 09:01 AM)Independent Wrote:  With the left-hand screen removed in Studio E maybe they could use this angle in Studio E where one of the catwalk screens is used like they did for Studio C. Although it might possibly be uncomfortable for the presenter. The angle can be seen at 1:35.
www.youtube.com 

God, this presentation was nowhere near the channel's best, and yet it's still so much better than what we have now.

It would be nice if the setup allowed them to use the newsroom and the catwalk screens as backgrounds from the desk, like the Singapore set
[-] The following 5 users Like kookaburra's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, PJamo, UTVLifer

The BBC is splitting its non-English Indian language news services to an independent company in India.
www.bbc.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 3 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, RhysJR

Will this mean that the BBC Hindi Service, Punjabi Service etc etc will no longer be produced by BBC staff, but published under the BBC name? I wonder how this will affect views of independence of the new service, especially if the BBC turns out not to be the majority stakeholder.

The breadth of Indian reporting from the BBC will probably also suffer from this, with only 90 people remaining to cover the entirety of India for the BBC. What about reporting from Sri Lanka, where Tamil (one of the remits of the new company) is one of the official languages.

I won't share my opinion on the direction India is heading in, but in any case I hope the new company's editorial standards continue to match those of the BBC World Service.

I reckon there may be a major story breaking in India soon.. I recall someone said "as soon as cuts are made to the language services, there's always something that happens there right after" (paraphrase, of course)

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 5 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, RhysJR, UTVLifer, W. Knight

Unless I missed it, it's interesting there is no date set out. The Indian election begins next week, and runs until the 1st of June, so I doubt anything will happen for a few months with such a major story (the world's largest democratic event) being the story for the next few months.
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

Are other regions now getting more generic announcements into the bulletins without the name checks. I don't catch them too often but the twice this week I have seen them in the North West we've had announcements along the lines of "In half an hour North West Tonight but now the BBC News at Ten", even though tonight it was Clive and Roger on duty so hosts they certainly have announcements for.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(10-04-2024, 02:42 PM)AndrewP Wrote:  Will this mean that the BBC Hindi Service, Punjabi Service etc etc will no longer be produced by BBC staff, but published under the BBC name? I wonder how this will affect views of independence of the new service, especially if the BBC turns out not to be the majority stakeholder.
The BBC cannot be the majority shareholder ..that the whole purpose of the change to,an Indian company…. But I’m sure like any other bbc programme supplier it must comply with BBC guidelines and guidance .
Quote:
The breadth of Indian reporting from the BBC will probably also suffer from this, with only 90 people remaining to cover the entirety of India for the BBC. What about reporting from Sri Lanka, where Tamil (one of the remits of the new company) is one of the official languages.
the new colony will supply most of the coverage …. So roughly about the same number of available staff …. And Sri Lanka is not India ! Remember the amount of output there is from dehli www.bbc.com 

Quote:
I won't share my opinion on the direction India is heading in, but in any case I hope the new company's editorial standards continue to match those of the BBC World Service.

My sentiments entirely … but I’m sure that TheBBC will ensure that Standards are upheld
Quote:
I reckon there may be a major story breaking in India soon.. I recall someone said "as soon as cuts are made to the language services, there's always something that happens there right after" (paraphrase, of course)
Not a cost cutting exercise but a neccesary change to ensure the BBC can operate there ….
I’m sure that Tim Davie has James Cleverly well primed !

….
[-] The following 5 users Like Technologist's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Happy2001, interestednovice

(10-04-2024, 10:06 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Are other regions now getting more generic announcements into the bulletins without the name checks. I don't catch them too often but the twice this week I have seen them in the North West we've had announcements along the lines of "In half an hour North West Tonight but now the BBC News at Ten", even though tonight it was Clive and Roger on duty so hosts they certainly have announcements for.

I think this is mainly because North West Today/Tonight is coming from a very temporary set up at the moment - the gallery being used for the main programmes is basically the short bulletin gallery in the newsroom and it's proving quite difficult to manage on air with sound and sources frequently going slightly wonky. Suspect the playing of different presenter combinations is just something that's being dropped for ease atm.
[-] The following 6 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, interestednovice, lookoutwales, oscillon