Late Night Lycett

Watched some bits, it's pretty entertaining, like that part Vs the Oil giants!

(04-04-2023, 08:37 PM)Jon Wrote:  The other thing to mention is it comes from the new Digbeth loc studio which seems nice, but very narrow so I can see why MasterChef are going there. Not sure what else is could accommodate though.

It's actually from The Bond which is further up the road, the Masterchef site is a former banana warehouse and is pretty dilapidated.

It's going to be interesting to see this area develop over the next decade or so, with the BBC move, the Digbeth Loc development, the Bond as it stands and MasterChef.

www.google.com 

Is the Masterchef site as of 2019
[-] The following 3 users Like Mike's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Jon

It's nice to see live entertainment shows coming from outside London - it is usually just London or maybe Manchester, we need to see more from the other cities doing entertainment shows.

(09-04-2023, 08:27 PM)Mike Wrote:  
(04-04-2023, 08:37 PM)Jon Wrote:  The other thing to mention is it comes from the new Digbeth loc studio which seems nice, but very narrow so I can see why MasterChef are going there. Not sure what else is could accommodate though.

It's actually from The Bond which is further up the road, the Masterchef site is a former banana warehouse and is pretty dilapidated.

It's going to be interesting to see this area develop over the next decade or so, with the BBC move, the Digbeth Loc development, the Bond as it stands and MasterChef.
Ah that makes more sense. I only thought there was one set of studios opening in the area in addition to the BBC move. Not three separate projects.

*Although looking at The Bond website it’s not a dedicated TV studio from what I can make out.

Tonight's episode also a very good one, a lot more unpredictable what with the unknown of Katherine Ryan making off the barge (that obstacle course sequence deserves a BAFTA outright). Hopefully it gets a recommission.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 4 users Like Josh's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, CATV, DeMarkay

(28-04-2023, 11:07 PM)Josh Wrote:  Tonight's episode also a very good one, a lot more unpredictable what with the unknown of Katherine Ryan making off the barge (that obstacle course sequence deserves a BAFTA outright). Hopefully it gets a recommission.
They are recording another episode tomorrow, of course not live, but it will be aired later in the year. My guess in the summer, around Pride season, as he did do a live show for Channel 4 Pride last summer.
[-] The following 3 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bkman1990, CATV, DeMarkay

I’ve really enjoyed this series. I really hope C4 recommission it!
[-] The following 4 users Like LiamFitz's post:
  • bkman1990, CATV, chaose, DeMarkay

I think it's a certainty for recommission (and was introduced as "last in the series" last night which implies it'll be back). Really it is time The Last Leg came to an end but if not at the very least cut one series a year from the three they currently air which frees up another 10 weeks or so. Depends on availability of course but they could basically have Joe, Mo Gilligan and The Last Leg each have two 8-part series a year across the year.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, DeMarkay, Kojak

(29-04-2023, 12:06 AM)LiamFitz Wrote:  I’ve really enjoyed this series. I really hope C4 recommission it!
Same here - I thought it was glorious, and very funny. It felt like a live Channel 4 programme of old - outrageous and sharp, but also daft and funny. There was a definite feel of TFI Friday, The Big Breakfast and Don’t Forget Your Toothbrush about it. In fact, I even found myself checking for Chris Evans’ name on the credits. Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, DeMarkay

Here to echo comments, loved the whole series, especially last night's episode. The scene with Katherine finally getting to the studio via the obstacles was hilarious, and how they changed up 'Straight Talking' was brilliant as well.
Seriously hope it comes back, and yeah would be good to reduce Last Leg somewhat, for me it's not been must watch TV for a while now, it's often just what I leave on after Gogglebox before going to bed.
[-] The following 2 users Like tomo359's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay