Late Night Lycett

I doubt Channel 4 will reduce The Last Leg, it is still a ratings winner for them, and it is their key satirical show of the week. Comparing it to BBC Have I Got News For You, shows just how good it can be. As HIGNFY is now dead on BBC One, a show that needs revamped even more than The Last Leg does.

So, I guess the 10pm slot outside of The Last Leg will be Joe Lycett along with Mo Gilligan, which are nice alternatives.
[-] The following 3 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, UTVLifer

Christmas is when we can expect the final episode to air: twitter.com 

Hopefully none of the topics are out of date by then!

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • Spencer

That's interesting - so clearly not got time for another run this year...
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer

Possibly Joe is away touring or Channel 4 have other plans for the 10pm slot. However I don't understand why this could be a Christmas special, far too early to record a Christmas special of a type of show Joe does, which is topical - surely Joe would want to cover the year's news in his Christmas show, so I don't think it could be a Christmas special.

It is quite early for a Christmas special and I can't see anything Christmassy in that video to suggest that.

Making sure it isn't topical isn't a problem, especially with Christmas themed episodes - they can just talk about Christmas. The Last Leg manages to pre-record both it's Xmas and new year episodes in advance as Adam Hills goes back to Oz for them.

The bigger problem is if anything happens to one of the contributors in the meantime
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • tomo359

(30-04-2023, 08:25 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It is quite early for a Christmas special and I can't see anything Christmassy in that video to suggest that.

Making sure it isn't topical isn't a problem, especially with Christmas themed episodes - they can just talk about Christmas. The Last Leg manages to pre-record both it's Xmas and new year episodes in advance as Adam Hills goes back to Oz for them.

The bigger problem is if anything happens to one of the contributors in the meantime

The Last Leg is different, they record their Christmas special around a month before transmission, which they did last year, which helped them a lot to still talk about some 2022 news, and their new year special is recorded in mid December. 

The person who suggested Joe's recorded show is a Christmas special I think is wrong - I have heard from some that he planned to do a special for the summer to air during the Pride season on Channel 4 - last year he did it live, and it was great fun with Boy George and the cast from Heartstopper - so maybe Joe is busy this summer, and had to record it

(30-04-2023, 08:52 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  
(30-04-2023, 08:25 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It is quite early for a Christmas special and I can't see anything Christmassy in that video to suggest that.

The person who suggested Joe's recorded show is a Christmas special I think is wrong
I'm aware of some of my Twitter mutuals going to the filming and they were dressed up in Christmas jumpers and the like. Obviously not too great of a source but we'll find out in 7 months presumably.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

There was an additional episode for yesterday (Saturday) originally listed on the audience tickets website, I believe that's the recording of the Christmas special. I've also seen picture on an Instagram story of someone I follow that suggests the same.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • Josh

Well if you look back at the show, only Joe's topical monologue at the start is really the only topical part of the show, so they can get away with recording a Christmas special in late April.

(28-04-2023, 11:16 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  
(28-04-2023, 11:07 PM)Josh Wrote:  Tonight's episode also a very good one, a lot more unpredictable what with the unknown of Katherine Ryan making off the barge (that obstacle course sequence deserves a BAFTA outright). Hopefully it gets a recommission.
They are recording another episode tomorrow, of course not live, but it will be aired later in the year. My guess in the summer, around Pride season, as he did do a live show for Channel 4 Pride last summer.

It's a Christmas special.

They had all the guests from all the other weeks record some christmas jokes down the camera infront of a green screen wearing xmas stuff.

EDIT: (Teach me to read page 2 before commenting sorry!)