Late Night Lycett

(30-04-2023, 08:25 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It is quite early for a Christmas special and I can't see anything Christmassy in that video to suggest that.

Making sure it isn't topical isn't a problem, especially with Christmas themed episodes - they can just talk about Christmas. The Last Leg manages to pre-record both it's Xmas and new year episodes in advance as Adam Hills goes back to Oz for them.

The bigger problem is if anything happens to one of the contributors in the meantime

The Last Leg is on air in November though so makes sense to film the special around then.    I'd say more Christmas specials end up being filmed in the first half of the year than the second.

For those who like a good theme tune without the voiceover…

twitter.com 

Confirmed as returning for next year:

www.channel4.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • bilky asko, fanoftv, JMT1985, Kunst

I hope it calms down a bit and stop trying too hard to shock and cram loads in. It has potential but needs some development.

(24-08-2023, 11:37 PM)Belmont Wrote:  I hope it calms down a bit and stop trying too hard to shock and cram loads in.  It has potential but needs some development.

Each to their own, but I enjoyed the loud, chaotic style of the show, something that has been missing from Channel 4 in many a year.
[-] The following 5 users Like fanoftv's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay, Gary Baldy, Larry the Loafer, Spencer

(25-08-2023, 09:15 AM)fanoftv Wrote:  Each to their own, but I enjoyed the loud, chaotic style of the show, something that has been missing from Channel 4 in many a year.

I enjoyed the show and love that chaotic style but it seemed to get a bit predictable from one week to the next, following the exact same structure, exact same gags etc.

Think of something like SNT- although it can get samey, ultimately they have enough segments that they rotate around across the course of the series.
[-] The following 5 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, all new phil, Brekkie, chrisdafur, fatal paper cut

(25-08-2023, 02:34 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I enjoyed the show and love that chaotic style but it seemed to get a bit predictable from one week to the next, following the exact same structure, exact same gags etc.

Totally agree - first show was great. After that it all felt a bit samey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • chrisdafur

The episode where they broadcast live from a shop in Birmingham was pretty good although I didn't enjoy the episode where a dog joined the production crew so much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • WhoOdyssey

Although I can see why some people would grow tired of the regular features and running gags, I still think it's a breath of fresh air compared to what feels like endless runs of Gogglebox, The Last Leg, and Cats Does Countdown.
[-] The following 3 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay, Spencer

We need a So Graham Norton style show for Channel 4 - Graham's original Channel 4 show was just brilliant, fearless and over the top - Channel 4 needs that type of show, and Joe is the perfect man to host that type of show.
[-] The following 3 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • DeMarkay, fanoftv, PWD