Coronation of King Charles III

Would ITV want Phil or Holly anywhere near this after the Queue fiasco.
[-] The following 6 users Like Newshound47's post:
  • aaron_scotland, AJB39, Alessi, GMc, Newsroom, UTVLifer

(11-04-2023, 12:32 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  It's a shame David Dimbleby isn't involved in some capacity. I'm listening to his audiobook at the moment, and hearing him speak of his father's memories of the last coronation has been excellent.
The times report he rejected a role.

(11-04-2023, 04:48 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  
(11-04-2023, 04:14 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Do we have any news on how ITV News will be covering The Coronation?

I would imagine Tom and Julie and possibly Mary will be the main presenters.

I could see Phillip Schofield popping up as part of their offering, he's been used in the past for Royal Weddings and the like and I think he worked quite well with Julie.

Depends if theres a queue?
[-] The following 13 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • agentsquash, AJB39, Blubatt, chevron, ginnyfan, Jeff, Josh, London Lite, Newsroom, thomash79, UTVLifer, W1ll, Yorksman

Some bits of information on how Sky is covering the event in here. Main points are that they are broadcasting the coronation in UHD and will drop ad breaks from 9am-3pm for the main event. Joanna Lumley will also be part of the coverage again.

news.sky.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • aaron_scotland, Ben Shatliff

In the US, CNN, MSNBC, Fox and PBS have all been confirmed to be showing it but it’s not been confirmed if ABC, CBS and NBC are showing it yet. You’d expect they probably will though.

(13-04-2023, 04:51 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Some bits of information on how Sky is covering the event in here. Main points are that they are broadcasting the coronation in UHD and will drop ad breaks from 9am-3pm for the main event. Joanna Lumley will also be part of the coverage again.

news.sky.com 

They legally have too.

Ofcom Wrote:Broadcasts of a formal Royal ceremony may not include advertising or teleshopping breaks during the ceremony.

'formal Royal ceremony’ means a formal ceremony or occasion of which the Sovereign or members of the British Royal Family enjoying the prefix ‘Royal Highness’ are the centre. It applies to occasions such as the State Opening of Parliament and Trooping the Colour

www.ofcom.org.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • Happy2001

Could be forgiven for not being aware that formal Royal ceremonies need to be ad-free, as the likes of the State Opening of Parliament are often aired on the BBC which is of course advert-free.

State Opening may have been aired on some other outfit outside the BBC at some point (possibly the old Parliamentary Channel in the days before it became BBC Parliament), but of course that was cable only.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • qwerty123, UTVLifer

I think ITV will try and stay clear of Phil & Holly, but tghen again I can see ITV doinmg a THis Morning Special just for Phil & Holly.

Julie Etchingham, Mary Nightingale & Chris Ship could good choice fort ITV
[-] The following 1 user Likes TJTSW's post:
  • UTVLifer

(13-04-2023, 05:30 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  I think ITV will try and stay clear of Phil & Holly, but tghen again I can see ITV doinmg a THis Morning Special just for Phil & Holly.

Julie Etchingham, Mary Nightingale & Chris Ship  could  good choice fort ITV

I agree. The coronation itself needs presenters with gravitas and "oomph" and with Schofield in the press for unsavoury reasons at the moment ITV will want to play safe
[-] The following 5 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • aaron_scotland, Ben Shatliff, Brekkie, TJTSW, UTVLifer

(13-04-2023, 04:51 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Some bits of information on how Sky is covering the event in here. Main points are that they are broadcasting the coronation in UHD and will drop ad breaks from 9am-3pm for the main event. Joanna Lumley will also be part of the coverage again.

news.sky.com 

Sky have now revealed their full coverage plans - including an outline of their schedule on Coronation day:

Quote:6am Kay Burley live from Westminster Abbey as the troops who will be taking part in the Coronation start to take up their positions in Central London. This is followed by the doors to Westminster Abbey opening and the procession taking place from Buckingham Palace.

9am Anna Botting live from Buckingham Palace taking viewers through the build-up to the Coronation including the King’s procession from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey.

All day Sky News royal event commentator Alastair Bruce will provide expert analysis throughout the day’s proceedings, including the Coronation service from 11am and the procession back to Buckingham Palace which begins around 1pm.

Sarah-Jane Mee and Kamali Melbourne will be reporting from the crowds in The Mall and other key locations around London throughout the day.

Early afternoon Live coverage from Buckingham Palace as the Royal Family gather on the balcony and the fly-past takes place to mark the Coronation of the King and Queen Consort.

5pm-8pm Mark Austin reflects on the day’s proceedings live from Buckingham Palace.

8pm-9pm Gillian Joseph looks back at highlights of the Coronation and how it was marked around the UK, live from Buckingham Palace.

9pm-10pm A special Coronation highlights hour narrated by Jonathan Samuels.

10pm News at Ten presented by Gillian Joseph live from Buckingham Palace, including the evening’s paper review.

www.skygroup.sky 
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeff's post:
  • Happy2001, UTVLifer