Coronation of King Charles III

(07-05-2023, 04:49 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  A lot of interest but clearly nowhere near as much as the media would have had us believe this past week. Considering they've consistently being pointing out that the crowning of a monarch is something most of us have never seen before and phrases like ''monumental'' ''historic'' and ''defining moment in our history'' have saturated the last week I’m sure many would have assumed it would have gotten at least closer to the 30 million the funeral got last year. In the end most people don't have particulaly strong feelings either way and just want to enjoy the long weekend.
7 million fewer than watched the 1953 coronation- and that was a time when the population was smaller and many people didn't have access to TVs or lived somewhere there was no transmitter. I've seen lots of people today trying to tell us how "BARB's a load of crap", the viewing figures were "wrong" and failed to pick up on millions of viewers, but in reality I think it's just a reflection of modern society and changing attitudes to the monarchy that over two thirds of people didn't watch.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, Stuart

Thrilled to see W1A's Ian Fletcher was chosen to compere tonight's Coronation concert.  Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice

How good would this have looked in 4K HDR, or even in 5.1 sound
[-] The following 3 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, IanJRedman

Nothing ever rates more than 30m, that seems to be the limit.

So you could say the public ‘aren’t bothered’ about anything televised if you are that way inclined

Strictly must be pretty rubbish, less than a 6th of the population tunes in, and Happy Valley didn’t capture the public’s attention, as most of them didn’t watch….
[-] The following 15 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, chevron, chrisherald, eyeTV, interestednovice, itsrobert, Jeff, Ma76, SlimyTrain, thePineapple, thomash79, TVFan, UTVLifer

(07-05-2023, 08:38 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  How good would this have looked in 4K HDR, or even in 5.1 sound

Quite surprised the BBC didn't broadcast the concert in 4K. I would assume it was down to the usual issue... cost?

(07-05-2023, 08:45 PM)Worzel Wrote:  
(07-05-2023, 08:38 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  How good would this have looked in 4K HDR, or even in 5.1 sound

Quite surprised the BBC didn't broadcast the concert in 4K. I would assume it was down to the usual issue... cost?

I'd love a breakdown of HD vs 4K. It's Timeline doing the concert so the OB truck will be 4K.. they have fibre at Windsor so surely sending HD or 4K down it is irelevent.
[-] The following 5 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Ma76

Tim Davie's in the Royal box. That'll please those in NBH and local radio I'm sure.

Did Ian Fletcher get him a VIP invite?

(07-05-2023, 08:41 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Nothing ever rates more than 30m, that seems to be the limit.

So you could say the public ‘aren’t bothered’ about anything televised if you are that way inclined

Strictly must be pretty rubbish, less than a 6th of the population tunes in, and Happy Valley didn’t capture the public’s attention, as most of them didn’t watch….

I'm not sure those shows are quite the same as a heavily promoted, blanketly covered event being touted as a once in a lifetime event of national importance, but never mind.
[-] The following 3 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, Kim Wexler’s Ponytail, Stuart

They actually promoted the concert as being in UHD... I presume someone on the social media team got their wires crossed:

m.facebook.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76

Worzel Wrote:Tim Davie's in the Royal box. That'll please those in NBH and local radio I'm sure.

Did Ian Fletcher get him a VIP invite?
And you can't help but notice how the Director ain't shy at showing him either!

If only he was sat behind Sunak!
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Kojak, Ma76