Coronation of King Charles III

(17-04-2023, 06:19 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I wish ITV would announce their line up so people didn’t keep suggesting Phil and Holly prompting others to then get their knickers in a twist, it’s happened a few times in this thread now. 

Getting outraged about something that isn’t happening is like Digital Spy

There’s no outrage in this thread that I can see, merely a discussion
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, GMc, Jeff

(17-04-2023, 06:19 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I wish ITV would announce their line up so people didn’t keep suggesting Phil and Holly prompting others to then get their knickers in a twist, it’s happened a few times in this thread now. 

Getting outraged about something that isn’t happening is like Digital Spy
Surely you must have an idea who it is? You seem to know a lot about the inner workings of ITV (going from your previous posts). You could maybe drop a small hint or two...? Wink 

Seriously, this isn't anywhere near as bad as DS. If it were DS there would be incoherent accusations flying around left, right and centre, someone would bring politics into it, there would be ridiculous fantasy schedules being bandied about... none of which is happening here.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • aaron_scotland, London Lite

I do think ITV have generally been right to try and broaden the appeal beyond news with royal events over the last decade or so - perhaps if not Schofield (I don't think Holly has ever been involved) they could look towards the GMB team instead and bring in Ben, Susanna or Adil - though I suspect they'll be a GMB to kick off the day anyhow.

(17-04-2023, 08:54 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I do think ITV have generally been right to try and broaden the appeal beyond news with royal events over the last decade or so - perhaps if not Schofield (I don't think Holly has ever been involved) they could look towards the GMB team instead and bring in Ben, Susanna or Adil - though I suspect they'll be a GMB to kick off the day anyhow.
Susanna is a very good shout. And/or Charlotte Hawkins (speaking of whom, I'm surprised she's never been used on ITV News).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Ben Shatliff

Channel 4 have announced their coverage of, or lack of, the Coronation.
It's certainly an alternative to the mainstream coverage.

twitter.com 

www.channel4.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Happy2001, UTVLifer

The Coronation is a state occasion so it ought to be led by the ITV news team. I expect the Coronation Street party will be the limit of This Morning involvement.

I do think that ITV ought to involve Susanna in a wider role outside of breakfast for these occasions.
[-] The following 4 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, DeMarkay, Jeff, UTVLifer

(17-04-2023, 09:44 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Channel 4 have announced their coverage of, or lack of, the Coronation.

twitter.com 

www.channel4.com 

What about Channel 5? I assume they'll also do something.

I hadn't realised but interesting to note that Holly and Phillip have now been the main presenters longer than Richard and Judy were.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Pips2022, Roger Darthwell

(17-04-2023, 10:13 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  The Coronation is a state occasion so it ought to be led by the ITV news team. I expect the Coronation Street party will be the limit of This Morning involvement.

I do think that ITV ought to involve Susanna in a wider role outside of breakfast for these occasions.

There is plenty of news based coverage elsewhere though - ITV can afford to be a bit lighter with the build up and follow up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

(18-04-2023, 01:46 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  
(17-04-2023, 09:44 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Channel 4 have announced their coverage of, or lack of, the Coronation.

twitter.com 

www.channel4.com 

What about Channel 5? I assume they'll also do something.

Well, as long as they aren’t showing The Emoji “Movie” like they during Elizabeth II’s funeral, they should be fine…