UK emergency alert

Well I didnt get the alert, I guess I have been left to die
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisdafur, Stuart

(23-04-2023, 02:35 PM)Nobby Wrote:  "Mary will have a reminder of that phone alert at five to three" - ITV News.

I assume a newsflash of sorts during a break in Masked Singer US

There was indeed a news report at a few minutes to three

With Mary hosting I imagine it might have been pre-recoded a few days ago

I also didn't receive an alert, though I was with someone who did at 15:02

I got the alert at 1459 rather than 1500. A secondary 2G phone didn't.

Im on Sky Mobile which piggybacks O2 I think, not sure if thats relevent to not getting it. Seems a bit of a failure then?

(23-04-2023, 03:12 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Im on Sky Mobile which piggybacks O2 I think, not sure if thats relevent to not getting it. Seems a bit of a failure then?

I'm on Three, but I think it's an inherent issue with the system that you won't get 100% coverage, even amongst compatible enabled phones with the correct type of signal.

I received it a few seconds before 3pm, someone else nearby got it about 10-20s later.

As I'm in Wales I got a bilingual version, Welsh first. It was read out by a US text-to-speech system which totally mangled the Welsh pronunciation...

Arrived 10 minutes late on one persons phone I’m with, and 3 times on another lol!

I got it, just after 3, mix of O2 and Lebara

GET FUNKY | BE FUNKY | STAY FUNKY | YO HUSSLE HUSSLE

I switched my phone off purposely to avoid the alarm at 3pm and it still sounded when I switched my phone on at 3:15pm.

(23-04-2023, 03:10 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  I also didn't receive an alert, though I was with someone who did at 15:02
Same here, I didn't get the alert despite the setting being enabled on my device. Wife's phone got the alert, though she's on a different network.

Edit: According to an interview on BBC News a short while ago it looks like a lot of people on / piggybacking off the Three network didn't receive the alert.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.