Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present

I really hope this isn’t as rushed as I fear it might be…

CillBill Wrote:Green ident (apologies for the quality)
[Image: gZZGiAB.png]
E4 Stream free endboard:
[Image: r2nRVjb.png]
More4 Stream free endboard:
[Image: Np5WPTr.png]

Am I right in thinking the new ident is just the previous "generic" one but with the 4 logo in green?

It's not an ident from looking at tvhome.co.uk (plus watching it myself), it's the break bumper.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

The layout ''Stream Free, or Watch Live [blank] at [blank]'' honestly doesn't feel right. Expecting it to be the other way round, but it might just be me.
It's bizarre how Channel 4 now has a bigger streaming emphasis.

Am I the only one who thinks the choice of green for the Channel 4 logo is pretty horrible?
[-] The following 8 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • DJ Dave, ethanjbrady, Jeff, LDN, orange, Stuart, Tola, TVFan

(03-05-2023, 01:21 PM)Josh Wrote:  Full-screen endboard (w/o show images):
i.imgur.com 
The white 4 contrasts better with the vibrant background TBH. Either the 4 moves in a gradient then turns into green on a plain background, or vice versa.

There seems to be a new font for the channel as well - a mix of Amica Pro and BR Firma (the 'u')  after going through What the Font. Not sure if that's as distinctive as their current font.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 3 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Stuart

(03-05-2023, 03:43 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  
(03-05-2023, 01:21 PM)Josh Wrote:  Full-screen endboard (w/o show images):
i.imgur.com 
The white 4 contrasts better with the vibrant background TBH. Either the 4 moves in a gradient then turns into green on a plain background, or vice versa.

There seems to be a new font for the channel as well - a mix of Amica Pro and BR Firma (the 'u')  after going through What the Font. Not sure if that's as distinctive as their current font.

I think it's their current font still being used actually. 4 Text and 4 Headline are still their main fonts.

(03-05-2023, 03:35 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks the choice of green for the Channel 4 logo is pretty horrible?

No - think it looks pretty cheap.

Think they might get away with the "Stream free, watch live" tagline.   Will see what the full refresh brings but I think standardising the end boards across the channels needs to happen for this look to work. 

And surely this is now 2023 presentation.

Continuing the grand tradition of reading something into nothing....only the Giant idents have been shown since mid-morning, the longest run without the Multicoloured one in a while it seems. Swansong?

(03-05-2023, 04:15 PM)Asa Wrote:  Continuing the grand tradition of reading something into nothing....only the Giant idents have been shown since mid-morning, the longest run without the Multicoloured one in a while it seems. Swansong?

But Asa, reading too much into things is our bread and butter  Tongue

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Blubatt's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406