BT Sport

Discovery+ is now available for free for BT Sport subscribers, though I believe only those who subscribe through BT/EE/Plusnet, not through Sky/Virgin.

(02-12-2022, 02:32 PM)Transmission Wrote:  Discovery+ is now available for free for BT Sport subscribers, though I believe only those who subscribe through BT/EE/Plusnet, not through Sky/Virgin.

This is correct, I signed up the other day through BT Sport and I now have access to Discovery+. It’s worth noting that the app has yet to appear on BT TV. I believe it is to happen at some point soon.

Watching a few things via BT Sport this week and noticed a few changes are starting to happen. The first two may have been happening for a short while already but I've only noticed today.

Firstly, the copyright on the endcard now says BT Ninety-Five Ltd rather than BT Sport, replicating the new official company name. Secondly, adverts for specific Discovery+ programmes are appearing in the ad breaks.

Finally, the BT Sport Monthly Pass will rise from £25 to £29.99 a month from January 13.

The copyright line stayed as “British Telecommunications plc” for a good while after completion, I hadn’t noticed it change but like a lot of people I suspect my watching of both Sky and BT took a back seat during the World Cup.

I wonder if they only remembered when it came to updating the year? Perhaps waiting for WBD to rename the legal entity to something catchier? The other subsidiary involved in running the channel was originally BT NINETY-SIX LTD but is now WBDUK SPORT SERVICES LTD.

(02-01-2023, 01:05 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Watching a few things via BT Sport this week and noticed a few changes are starting to happen. The first two may have been happening for a short while already but I've only noticed today.

Firstly, the copyright on the endcard now says BT Ninety-Five Ltd rather than BT Sport, replicating the new official company name. Secondly, adverts for specific Discovery+ programmes are appearing in the ad breaks.

Finally, the BT Sport Monthly Pass will rise from £25 to £29.99 a month from January 13.

To return to the second point, BT Sport's adverts (e.g. for the Manchester derby on the weekend) appears to be appearing on Eurosport.

BT have had live in-vision signing on their coverage of the last two years' FA Disability Cup, but they've announced they're going to also do it on this year's UCL final:

www.broadcastnow.co.uk 

Few audio and pictures tonight during the Fulham V Chelsea post-match coverage means there has been a bit of a loop with adverts whilst the issues are being resolved.

Jake explained when they came back that it was a loss of power on site (followed by jokes about Peter Crouch unplugging something to put in his phone charger!). The programme overran by about 15 minutes so they were able to get the manager interviews in.

Unsurprisingly there was a lot of promotion for Discovery+ today on BT Sport during the Manchester derby. I believe it was also promoted mid game. I haven’t watched BT since the World Cup break but the Discovery stuff was rather prominent.
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • bkman1990, Scratch_Perry