BT Sport

They might as well have gone with WBD Sports for the brand recognition TNT has in the UK. I wonder how far into the "future" it'll be that Eurosport rebrands then - it was messy enough having the Olympics across Eurosport and Discovery+ without a third brand in the mix.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX

There's already an official logo popping in:

[Image: 3562375-72556668-2560-1440.png]

Eurosport has already confirmed the move on its website, whilst also announcing the Eurosport channels will be merged into the new brand at a later stage (only in the UK and Ireland, Eurosport will stay in other markets):

www.eurosport.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • DE88

So in effect for the moment this is just a rebrand of BT Sport (just short of its tenth birthday!) and expansion of the Discovery+ app, with Eurosport continuing as it is for the time being before merging into the brand at a later date.

Edit: A couple of things reported by Broadcast that are not mentioned in the press release, the Discovery+ app is expected to get the features from the BT Sport app like the match timeline and it predicts that Eurosport will move under the TNT Sports brand after the Paris games.
[-] The following 3 users Like Transmission's post:
  • bkman1990, DE88, Medianext.MX

TNT is quite an odd choice in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(21-02-2023, 06:45 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  TNT is quite an odd choice in my opinion.

Are they perhaps going to rebrand TCM alongside it? The current name (TCM Movies) is ridiculous. Would be good if it became 'TNT Movies' or similar (and we'd come full circle back to the 90s). And - this means the wrestling will once again be on TNT! Really is back to the future.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, DE88, Roger Darthwell

(21-02-2023, 06:15 PM)cityprod Wrote:  
(21-02-2023, 06:02 PM)Jake Wrote:  TNT Sports

www.hollywoodreporter.com 

It's been over 20 years since the TNT brand was last seen in the UK & Ireland, and that was TNT Classic Movies, which also aired WCW Nitro.  That channel became TCM.

It's hardly surprising that TNT has been forgotten by the British public.  It was only ever a part-time channel, and paired with Cartoon Network which if memory serves was the more watched channel of the two.
Actually there was a VERY short lived TNT entertainment channel- when TNT Classic Movies became TCM, the Cartoon Network downtime slot on analogue platforms became a general entertainment TNT for about 4 or 5 months, then it went back to TCM. Was a very strange period, especially as it was analogue only.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak

The Hollywood Reporter article intimidates that the delay on full integration is due to renegotiating Eurosport’s carriage deals. Bringing the basic cable Eurosport together with the decidedly premium BT Sport obviously had obstacles. Wouldn’t be surprised if the ROI market exclusivity deal with Sky is also considered an obstacle.

Here’s the press release, btw, which seems to confirm TNT Sports as part of discovery+ (wouldn’t be surprised if that’s U.K.-only for a bit though).

media.discoverysports.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Rdd's post:
  • bkman1990, Medianext.MX

I presume the cost of a Discovery + subscription will go up by a good bit with the addition of TNT Sports including Premier League and Champions League football.

I don’t see any mention of a reduction of channels in the Hollywood Reporter article.

(21-02-2023, 07:21 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  I presume the cost of a Discovery + subscription will go up by a good bit with the addition of TNT Sports including Premier League and Champions League football.

I don’t see any mention of a reduction of channels in the Hollywood Reporter article.

They should split it so people who don’t want those can keep a similar service to the current subscription. It will be very unpopular if people who currently get Eurosport through a basic package lose it and have to pay a considerable monthly sum to access the sporting events they used to show. People are not going to be willing to pay £ 20 or more for access during events like Australian and French open and the summer and Winter Olympics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • AJB39

not gonna lie, its quite amusing that WWE will soon be airing on a "TNT" branded channel in the UK and Ireland, while its main competitor, AEW, is lost on a delayed telecast hell on ITV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bakamann's post:
  • TIGHazard