BT rebranding consumer services to EE

(07-11-2023, 06:55 PM)i.h Wrote:  There is no real technical reason as to why BT couldn't do this on the aerial feed, or why Sky or Virgin couldn't also be asked to do this. BT's multicast infrastructure is used for these channels, ITVX itself plays no part.

So it would be fair to ask why ITV was able to force BT to agree to this, what differentiates BT from Virgin in terms of being "cable TV"?
Indeed, IIRC there was fast forwarding controls on Sky+ that were never implemented. 

But perhaps they recently renewed the carriage agreement, and IP delivered gives them more control as they are also providing watch from start capability and maybe an enhanced app.

BTTV into EETV Rebrand for December.

www.ispreview.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like cable's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, Ma76

EE UK Launch EE TV Service with Apple TV and Free Multi-room

www.ispreview.co.uk 

rxtvinfo.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • interestednovice

some branding discontinuity for existing customers (aside from the name change which they posted everyone a letter to inform them of). My Pro box now shines aqua on its front panel instead of purple, even though it has the BT logo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i.h's post:
  • interestednovice

Hope they post out stickers with the new logo.
[-] The following 10 users Like AxG's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, AndrewP, bilky asko, ethanjbrady, fanoftv, interestednovice, LargelyALurker, Pete, Spencer, VMPhil

(07-12-2023, 08:14 PM)AxG Wrote:  Hope they post out stickers with the new logo.

To Upgrade your set top box and remote control to the latest technology?  Tongue 

media.onhistory.co.uk 

Changing the light colour on the STB seems a nice touch.
[-] The following 3 users Like cable's post:
  • DeMarkay, interestednovice, Stuart

(07-12-2023, 08:35 PM)cable Wrote:  To Upgrade your set top box and remote control to the latest technology?  Tongue 

media.onhistory.co.uk 

Changing the light colour on the STB seems a nice touch.

Argh the thing that gets me is just how rubbish those stickers are. Look at how completely off-centre the logo is! But, I forget whether they intended that to be tongue-in-cheek or not.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • interestednovice

www.wearezag.com 

Here's the case study for the rebrand, if anyone's interested.

I don't think I'll ever understand the logic in thinking EE has more brand value than BT.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, interestednovice, London Lite, Stuart

(07-12-2023, 10:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I don't think I'll ever understand the logic in thinking EE has more brand value than BT.

To the youth, EE has more brand value than BT, at least presumably because they live in a world where smartphones dominate their livelihoods. I can assume BT, to the youth, feels stuffy and less playful.