BBC Breakfast/BBC News at One Extension?

(02-06-2023, 05:17 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  An hour long News at One would be good, but extending Breakfast to half 9 isn't what if do. If anything, I'd bring back Business Breakfast in the 6-7 am slot, and move Breakfast from 7am to 10am, then going to Morning Live, which I feel would benefit becoming a 2 hour show, with Watchdog and Crimewatch as segments.

I think two hours would be too long for Morning Live and I suspect they'd want to keep HUTH and Bargain Hunt in their slots

Business Breakfast wouldn't do well and probably be a gift for GMB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Thursday's Newsnight had an interview with TikTok "infulencer" Mizzy who was the young man who was arrested for entering a man's house for a "prank" for the platform who then broke his court order. He's well known among the younger demographics, but you don't normally have an 18 year old MLE guest from North London debating with a metropolitan feminist.

It's not the Politics Live fest yet, but it was clearly a stunt booking to raise interest in the bulletin.

(02-06-2023, 07:47 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Thursday's Newsnight had an interview with TikTok "infulencer" Mizzy who was the young man who was arrested for entering a man's house for a "prank" for the platform who then broke his court order.    He's well known among the younger demographics, but you don't normally have an 18 year old MLE guest from North London debating with a metropolitan feminist.

It's not the Politics Live fest yet, but it was clearly a stunt booking to raise interest in the bulletin.
What’s an MLE? I thought that Mizzy idiot was only speaking to Piers Morgan, anyway. There was a big exclusive splash on TalkTV a week or so ago. Between him, Andrew Tate and Schofield BBC News is turning more and more into the Daily Mail on TV. Shameful.
[-] The following 5 users Like Studio7's post:
  • bkman1990, Mike, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

(02-06-2023, 07:54 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  What’s an MLE? I thought that Mizzy idiot was only speaking to Piers Morgan, anyway. There was a big exclusive splash on TalkTV a week or so ago. Between him, Andrew Tate and Schofield BBC News is turning more and more into the Daily Mail on TV. Shameful.

Multicultural London English accented person, which is largely spoken among under 30s in London. It's a hybrid of cockney and West Indian which is largely universally spoken regardless of their ethnic background.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(02-06-2023, 07:56 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Multicultural London English accented person, which is largely spoken among under 30s in London.  It's a hybrid of cockney and West Indian which is largely universally spoken regardless of their ethnic background.
Thanks for clarifying. Not entirely sure how his accent is relevant to any of this. Clearly some stunt casting going on anyway, which has no place on the BBC, but that seems to be the way now.

(02-06-2023, 08:46 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  Thanks for clarifying. Not entirely sure how his accent is relevant to any of this. Clearly some stunt casting going on anyway, which has no place on the BBC, but that seems to be the way now.

Newsnight and most news programmes in general don't have MLE people speaking in roadman* speech usually. It could be argued that there should be more representation from that section of society in broadcasting.

*A young person who hangs around the street.

(02-06-2023, 07:54 PM)Studio7 Wrote:  What’s an MLE? I thought that Mizzy idiot was only speaking to Piers Morgan, anyway. There was a big exclusive splash on TalkTV a week or so ago. Between him, Andrew Tate and Schofield BBC News is turning more and more into the Daily Mail on TV. Shameful.

You handily exclude the fuss over the fake tory blogger who's got a book put  and Jack Monroe on newsnight.  Which are very much not Mail material. 

So your personal Prejudice showing though?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stockland Hillman's post:
  • XIII

(02-06-2023, 09:07 PM)Stockland Hillman Wrote:  You handily exclude the fuss over the fake tory blogger who's got a book put  and Jack Monroe on newsnight.  Which are very much not Mail material. 

So your personal Prejudice showing though?
I didn’t realise I was supposed to list every guest on Newsnight? I didn’t know about the first example, and Jack Monroe (whom I have no time for either, BELIEVE ME) was on Question Time, not Newsnight. When I say ‘Daily Mail’ I’m not referring to any political leaning at all. Rather what seems to be a move towards sensationalism.
[-] The following 4 users Like Studio7's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, LondonViewer, MrDCPhillips

(02-06-2023, 07:47 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Thursday's Newsnight had an interview with TikTok "infulencer" Mizzy who was the young man who was arrested for entering a man's house for a "prank" for the platform who then broke his court order.    He's well known among the younger demographics, but you don't normally have an 18 year old MLE guest from North London debating with a metropolitan feminist.

God he’ll be on Strictly next.
[-] The following 5 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AndrewP, London Lite, Nobby, Quantum+83, Stockland Hillman

If an extended One had a longer local news bulletin then I think it would work.
[-] The following 5 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • AndrewP, Nige, Quantum+83, thePineapple, TJTSW