BBC Local strike action

North West Today went out as normal at lunchtime with Steve Saul.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, Quantum+83

steve Wrote:The England schedules have now been updated with filler programmes for 1.30 and 6.30pm.

Such a cop out they don’t have a manager reading a 5 minute bulletin anymore

In fact regions missing various bulletins or having joint bulletins for various reasons seems to happen much more regularly these days. Pre COVID it was unheard of and a real rarity.
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Spencer, Will

Yes, whereas getting something on air no matter what was always a priority, simply doesn’t seem to be now.

It’s probably not one for here, but did we ever conclude whether if you were not a NUJ member you could refuse to cross a picket line?

For example, in teaching, if you were in the NASUWT during the recent strikes, you couldn’t not turn up in solidarity with the NEU. Is it the same here?

as per this gov.uk page about industrial action, "Non-union members who take part in legal, official industrial action have the same rights as union members not to be dismissed as a result of taking action."
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • AndrewP

A couple of regions are airing a programme tonight

Look North Yorkshire
London & South East joint bulletin
Spotlight
East Midlands Today
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Plutobug, Quantum+83, TJTSW

BBC Look East still.opting out but showing, 'Life on the edge' a programme about the eroding cliffs at Hemsby

I'm assuming the regions won't have any late bulletins either (apart from the few that have managed to get to air as mentioned)? South Today still showing on the EPG for 10.30 right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • Superman1986

East Midlands Today confirmed at the end of their programme that they won’t have a late bulletin.

So don’t think many if any will?

On the radio front, Graham Liver from Radio Lancashire was networked to Merseyside, Manchester, Leeds, Humberside, York, WM, Hereford and Wocester, Shropshire, Solent, Nottingham and Derby at Breakfast, followed by various networked shows.

Radio Sheffield managed to stay local all day with the usual presenters on Breakfast and mid-morning and a stand-in on afternoons, so it seems strange that they didn't network that to the Yorkshire stations - would the team at Radio Sheffield have had any veto on that? ("I'm a freelancer and I'll cross the picket line to do my normal show but I won't if you network me"?)

Radio London stayed local from 6am-2pm but with different presenters.

Shay Kaur Grewal on breakfast.
Claira Hermet on mids.
2-6pm Leticia George from CWR presumably either a pre-record or networked from CWR in Coventry.
6-7pm Mike Zeller from BBC Radio Cumbria networked
7pm onwards as Five Live.