Coverage of "major incident" in Nottingham city centre

(13-06-2023, 01:15 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Another case of who?

Details still sketchy it seems but can't help but feel if it was in London BBC would have coverage on BBC1.

Don’t tune in now, it’s even worse of who’s who.

Details still sketchy it seems but can't help but feel if it was in London BBC would have coverage on BBC1.

Callum Tulley presenting now.

BBC filling the time by reshowing the eye witness account of Lynn Haggitt for the 73rd time on the channel now, presented by a chap in a navy blue casual shirt.
[-] The following 2 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • LDN, Northlad

(13-06-2023, 01:24 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  This happened around 5:30 and they still havent had a press conference to  update public or just run down the facts!? Wow thats just shocking mate.
It's not. For the third time, their job is to deal with the incident. Let them work out what the heck happened and then tell us.

They released the basic details about what happened and where just before 10am. There was nothing else to say at the time presumably becaysr that's all they could say. 

Other details such as sequence of events will be being pieced together. Details of victims and the person arrested take a bit longer to make public.

I don't get this attitude of 'I must be told everything straight away'. Why? I'm as intrigued as the next person but I'd rather get on with my life and wait to hear what the police have to say when they're ready.
[-] The following 10 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Alf Stewart, AndrewP, harshy, James2001, JosiahStuart, Larry the Loafer, London Lite, Plutobug, strollfan, TVFan

BBCs coverage this morning could easily be used as evidence to Ofcom that the merger hasn't benefited UK viewers.
[-] The following 9 users Like freeview87's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, harshy, Juicy Joe, London Lite, Newsroom, Northlad, Plutobug, thomash79

(13-06-2023, 01:36 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Yes that was the issue when the police evacuated Birmingham city centre due to a security alert (shortly after 7/7) - the Mailbox and BRMB were both inside the cordon.

Heart and Galaxy (as the latter was known as at the time of course) were in it too I believe.

Rajini Vaidyanathan was a regular correspondent on the overnight slot, as she was based in the US for a while.

(13-06-2023, 01:36 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Yes that was the issue when the police evacuated Birmingham city centre due to a security alert (shortly after 7/7) - the Mailbox and BRMB were both inside the cordon.

www.mixcloud.com 

I kissed a gull and I liked it!

(13-06-2023, 01:51 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  BBCs coverage this morning could easily be used as evidence to Ofcom that the merger hasn't benefited UK viewers.

Pretty much every major breaking UK news story over the last few months has done that.
[-] The following 9 users Like James2001's post:
  • AndrewP, benzj, freeview87, ilsondan15, Independent, LDN, Newsroom, Northlad, Stuart

Here's how Al Jazeera has covered the news. Even they had a reporter on scene I think before the BBC did.

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

[Image: Screenshot%202023-06-13%20at%2014_55_40.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like harryb's post:
  • Independent, LDN, Northlad