Coverage of "major incident" in Nottingham city centre

(13-06-2023, 05:34 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Sky have had Sarah-Jane Mee and Mark Austin in Nottingham along with Martin Brunt.

It's days like today you really understand what the BBC achieved by gutting the one service. 

Sky have excelled today, brilliant coverage since the minute it started to break,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • thePineapple

Why is Sky only taking the voice of the Chief constable? They had a live camera before. Now they are only showing file pictures.

(13-06-2023, 05:51 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Why is Sky only taking the voice of the Chief constable? They had a live camera before. Now they are only showing file pictures.

It went black just before the press conference so it looks like they lost their video feed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • mouseboy33

(13-06-2023, 01:15 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Another case of who?

Details still sketchy it seems but can't help but feel if it was in London BBC would have coverage on BBC1.

I have to sadly agree with you on that. There would have been a reporter on the ground as soon as they could. It does sometimes feel that London and the “north” (as viewed by the BBC mainly Manchester and the surrounding area) stories like this get lots of coverage and yet others parts it hardly gets a mention. 

Talking about the ITV updates, when did the BBC drop their morning news summaries on BBC One. I can remember when they used to give the on the balcony overlooking the news room, and I am fairly sure I can remember Darren Jordan giving them in the berco studio but when I changed jobs I stopped having days off in the week

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

Sophie presenting from Nottingham, and Anne Davies also presenting from the location of the cordon

Sophie Raworth doing the Six from Nottingham. Anne Davies will be doing EMT from there too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • London Lite, UTVLifer

(13-06-2023, 05:34 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Thanks ViridianFan thats a good point. Especially since their are loads of student with parents all over the country worry about whats happening where their children are going to school. Now after 12hrs or more the police they are finally making a statement Crazy.
You're acting like there's been nothing out of the police all day, there have been several statements from Nottinghamshire Police - one at 07:04, one at 09:37 and the third at 14:33
See them here 
news.nottinghamshire.police.uk 

A natural disaster which is the example Viridian mentioned is very different, there's not the same sensitivities in terms of criminal activity, potential for terrorism etc. The police have to be very careful about what is said.

The nearest example I can think of to today was the shooting in Plymouth a couple of years ago. Then there wasn't much at all from the police until the morning

(13-06-2023, 06:10 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  You're acting like there's been nothing out of the police all day, there have been several statements from Nottinghamshire Police - one at 07:04, one at 09:37 and the third at 14:33
See them here 
news.nottinghamshire.police.uk 

A natural disaster which is the example Viridian mentioned is very different, there's not the same sensitivities in terms of criminal activity, potential for terrorism etc. The police have to be very careful about what is said.

The nearest example I can think of to today was the shooting in Plymouth a couple of years ago. Then there wasn't much at all from the police until the morning

Well they should released them to the media then as we had nothing til the press conference at 5:46pm.

When there is a news story out in the regions they are always slow at getting pictures or people on the scene

Obviously it’s even worse now as you have unknown people sat in broom cupboards interviewing correspondents who look like they didn’t expect to be used on aor

Yes they’ll have the big names there now but they are always lacking at the start. Particularly poor when you consider East Midlands Today are based about 5 minutes from the scene

The fact it was brushed aside as minor News at 9am so they could proceed with Nicky Campbell and viewers half baked opinions on COVID is unforgivable. As Brekkie said, that wouldn’t have happened had it happened in London
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • benzj, Northlad, nwtv2003, Omnipresent, thePineapple

Sky have moved on to cover Trump's trip to court in Miami.