Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Richie Anderson is taking the reins for Radio 2's semi finals commentary

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • Happy2001

(13-04-2024, 02:11 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  Whoops - getting my 00s artists starting with J confused. I meant Javine!

This instantly reminded me of this rude exchange on an old episode of Buzzcocks regarding Jamelia and Javine.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like rick's post:
  • DeMarkay, dvboy, Earlie37

Semi final interval acts have been announced

First Semi-Final - Benjamin Ingrosso (Sweden, 2018)
Second Semi-Final - Helena Paparizou (Greece, 2005), Sertab Erener (Turkey, 2003) and Charlotte Perrelli (Sweden, 1999) will be part of "the world's biggest sing along"

eurovision.tv 

So curious about Sertab’s involvement. It’s 20 years since Turkey hosted rather than her winning so doesn’t feel like an anniversary reason. Helena is Swedish so makes sense that she’s involved. I wonder if they might have a surprise Turkey return announcement lined up like they did with Luxembourg last year.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • Tim G, UTVLifer

(01-05-2024, 06:35 PM)gottago Wrote:  So curious about Sertab’s involvement. It’s 20 years since Turkey hosted rather than her winning so doesn’t feel like an anniversary reason. Helena is Swedish so makes sense that she’s involved. I wonder if they might have a surprise Turkey return announcement lined up like they did with Luxembourg last year.

Given the ESC logo appearing within a Türkiye-shaped block on a video with Petra the other week, wouldn't surprise me one bit...

(01-05-2024, 06:35 PM)gottago Wrote:  So curious about Sertab’s involvement. It’s 20 years since Turkey hosted rather than her winning so doesn’t feel like an anniversary reason. Helena is Swedish so makes sense that she’s involved. I wonder if they might have a surprise Turkey return announcement lined up like they did with Luxembourg last year.
To be fair, every year is an anniversary of anyone winning. And every year is the 20th anniversary of someone winning. So it would be rather arbitrary to celebrating Turkey winning or indeed hosting 20 years ago.

Lynda Woodruff klaxon!

www.instagram.com 

We’ve got a Petra musical number, now Lynda is back too. It’s SVT’s greatest hits
[-] The following 5 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • chaose, Happy2001, Jayesyn, JosiahStuart, Tim G

The UK staging looks INCREDIBLE!!!

www.instagram.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • JT95, Tim G, UTVLifer

(02-05-2024, 04:58 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  The UK staging looks INCREDIBLE!!!

www.instagram.com 

Sounds like they’ve beefed up the middle eight from what I’ve read too. Got good feelings this year.

Co-op Arena 2025…? 😆

(In all seriousness though…) there’s a real lack of a strong favourite this year. Last year was always going to be Sweden, the year before Ukraine was never in doubt. I don’t think it’s clear cut at all this time round. Genuinely can’t wait for that final two split screen.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • JamieD, UTVLifer

Johnny Logan is also now reportedly confirmed as an interval act for Semi 1

x.com