Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Apparently the football team playing in Tele2Arena doesn't want to move out for several weeks and Avicii is closing in 2024 for renovation work.

Building a temporary venue sounds like a waste of resources but if they can find a way to turn it into a profitable affair... Maybe it can keep hosting concerts until Avicii Arena reopens
[-] The following 2 users Like DamC's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Yeah if not the Friends Arena then I think building a temporary one is Stockholm's best bet if it wants to host, given that they haven't got the Avicii/Globe Arena to fall back on this time

In a perfect world…

Plop down the Eras Tour staging in Friends and use it for Eurovision too. It’s hardly a bad design and it would open up a lot of creativity for the delegations.

Then set up with all of Eurovision’s lighting setups and TV ready bits. Perhaps a bit more lighting up top. SVT would have a winner!

Plus, the local businesses would love it - sell Grand Final x Eras Tour tickets for hotels, the audiences will have a lot of cross over.

The host city just been announced…

Malmö 2024!!

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • JosiahStuart, Medianext.MX

The most logical choice!

Makes more sense than building a temporary venue in Stockholm
[-] The following 1 user Likes DamC's post:
  • JosiahStuart

As others on Twitter have pointed out, I do quite like the symmetry of Malmö hosting the year after both of Loreen's wins
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • DE88, Jayesyn, JosiahStuart

Some pretty significant news for the UK today, as TaP music announce they’re not continuing their agreement with the BBC to help pick the Eurovision entrant.

twitter.com 

So now the BBC need to find a new label to partner up with for 2024 - unless they're going to go revive You Decide yet again

(01-08-2023, 01:06 PM)DAL1189 Wrote:  Some pretty significant news for the UK today, as TaP music announce they’re not continuing their agreement with the BBC to help pick the Eurovision entrant.

twitter.com 

After the failure of Mae Muller, I can see why. It's gonna be tough finding a new Sam Ryder now as it's likely we'll be heading back to the dark days again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • ethanjbrady

Now that is a real shame. I really hope this isn’t back to square one for the BBC.

Hopefully more labels will now be up for being involved now the contest’s popularity has been transformed and there was so much chart success this year.
[-] The following 6 users Like gottago's post:
  • benzj, Brekkie, Edogawa Ranpo, thomash79, Tim G, UTVLifer