Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Blimey - sad news. They delivered our best result in recent memory with Sam, and whilst Mae wasn't very successful within the contest, the track did very well in the charts. I really hope we aren't taking a step back again.
[-] The following 3 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • benzj, DE88, UTVLifer

(01-08-2023, 02:08 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Blimey - sad news. They delivered our best result in recent memory with Sam, and whilst Mae wasn't very successful within the contest, the track did very well in the charts. I really hope we aren't taking a step back again.

I'm hoping another big label in the UK record industry takes on the chance of giving the UK another shot at doing well next year in Malmo. We have a huge music industry that's been seen around the world thanks to the likes of MTV and then later on, streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify. 

Surely one of the big labels must be thinking of taking the challenge of finding a song for Eurovision 2024 by now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • benzj, UTVLifer

I just wait for the year where we send a stupidly-big artist to the show just to prove 'yes, we can win it.'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agentsquash's post:
  • UTVLifer

Brilliant news, the semi finals are staying on BBC One next year according to reports coming out of the Edinburgh TV Festival

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • JamieD

Makes sense - it's four hours of content basically for free and far cheaper to programme BBC3 for those hours with repeats than have new content for BBC1 against them.
[-] The following 7 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, fanoftv, fatal paper cut, LouBlu08, UTVLifer

Hopefully we won't get the usual semi-final cut-aways and awkward interviews the BBC have done in previous years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AxG's post:
  • JamieD

Hopefully not - cost cutting has somewhat put an end to that post-covid.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • ethanjbrady, UTVLifer

Makes total sense.

It also helps in reaching a new audience too.

I think it also shows the ambition of the current delegation as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like ConorW2000's post:
  • benzj, UTVLifer

Well, I was hoping for them to go to BBC TWO next year, because I thought they had no chance of staying on BBC ONE again, so this is great news! Now if we can ditch all those naff opt-outs that have added nothing over the years and instead keep Rylan & Scott out-of-vision that would be perfect!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamieD's post:
  • UTVLifer

The BBC has confirmed the UK's participation for this year's Junior Eurovision in Nice in November

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Happy2001, Toby brown