Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Theres two feeds distributed, the only difference is the Rest of the World feed has a Morrocon oil advert before and after the Eurovision sting
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, TIGHazard, UTVLifer

The running order for the Grand Final was released in the early hours of this morning - the UK will be performing as the 13th song on the night. Sweden will perform 1st, whilst Austria will close the show.

Full running order can be found here:

eurovision.tv 
[-] The following 1 user Likes jlmiller's post:
  • UTVLifer

The EBU are investigating an incident involving the Dutch artist, with Joost/the Netherlands skipped over during this afternoon's rehearsals

x.com 

According to Aftonbladet, the incident occurred after last night's semi-final, but is unrelated to any remarks made during the qualifiers' press conference.

www.aftonbladet.se 

Although he apparently did appear in the flag parade during this rehearsal which makes the whole thing odder.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • UTVLifer

Given what happened in the press conference, and the conspicuous blue square 'hole' in his graphics, I wonder if they suspected that the delegation was going to try to add something during the performance and demanded assurances that he wouldn't, hence the delays and standoff.

If they've refused to give those, the EBU may well be considering their options, and then things will really kick off potentially.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agemame's post:
  • UTVLifer

The last thing this year's contest needed was anymore drama

I can't remember the last time we had a year with so much drama surrounding it. 2017 perhaps with Russiagate
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • agemame

It feels like though with the issues around Russia the EBU acknowledged them and didn't censor comment around them. This feels different and dealt with with a much heavier hand, which ultimately is making an even bigger issue out of things. It felt particularly odd for their not even to be a brief comment on the controversy around Israel in the commentary introducing them when previously such things would be acknowledged.

I don't think the EBU could have handled things any worse this week. The "non-political" posturing just doesn't hold up when the contest itself has clearly taken a position with seemingly zero concessions given to those calling for peace. It certainly hasn't been Love Love Peace Peace in Sweden this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(10-05-2024, 10:29 AM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Granted this was youtube comments but I'm sure last year people were saying Eurovision doesn't actually make a commercial free feed. Hence why the Beeb covered up the Moroccanoil sponsorship with a blue square.
Among the great insights in this podcast interview with BBC Transmission Director Stephen Neal is confirmation that there is now a commercial free feed. Previously (as in before the past couple of years) the Beeb were using masking to cover up sponsorship, but the amount has increased so an alternate version is available for those who need to use it. It also avoids the BBC having to leave the end credits early.

escinsight.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes News Engineer's post:
  • Stooky Bill

I think something is going to happen or be announced later. Very strange to cancel a long arranged presser at short notice

x.com 

(10-05-2024, 03:29 PM)agemame Wrote:  Given what happened in the press conference, and the conspicuous blue square 'hole' in his graphics, I wonder if they suspected that the delegation was going to try to add something during the performance and demanded assurances that he wouldn't, hence the delays and standoff.

If they've refused to give those, the EBU may well be considering their options, and then things will really kick off potentially.

I mean the graphics by this point will be well and truly locked in by SVT. The delegations don't have the power or ability to change something that's happening with graphics in a live performance, SVT's gallery is entirely in control of what you're seeing on the back screens at this stage of the production. Even if the intention was always to change an element for the final this would have been agreed with the hosts weeks and weeks ago.

The current rumour mill is he assaulted a Swedish photographer which I guess is something that could have feasibly happened between the flag parade and his scheduled performance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • UTVLifer