Eurovision Song Contest 2024

The now generic slogan feels out of place with that. Could have gone with something light related - "Let in the Light" or something equally meaningless.

Also do wish they'd ditch the flag in the heart logo - the one in the heart icon looks better and TBH with the UK hosting for Ukraine situation is should have gone this year too.

Olly Alexander representing us next year, as revealed on Strictly. That's the best booking in decades.
[-] The following 12 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • benzj, bilky asko, callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, IanJRedman, lookoutwales, Reith85, Spencer, thePineapple, Toby brown, UTVLifer

Olly Alexander (wearing an Abigail’s Party-style flowing garment) appearing on Strictly to announce he’s the UK Eurovision entrant may be the campest bit of breaking news ever
[-] The following 8 users Like Pips2022's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, ConorW2000, DeMarkay, ethanjbrady, Spencer, thomash79, Toby brown, UTVLifer

The last time we sent a big name was Blue in 2011, but that was kind of a group imo that were in the latter stages of their career and it came off the back of a poor run of results.

Olly is an artist whos at the peak of his career, and its off the back of a positive run, and he will already have a huge fanbase in Europe, im just so exicted for Malmo now.
[-] The following 2 users Like ConorW2000's post:
  • benzj, UTVLifer

“At the peak of his career” might be pushing it. His top 10 hits were all between 2014 and 2018. But he’s certainly a lot closer than anyone else they’ve entered in a while. Blue were actually about the same distance in time from their commercial peak but they’d split up for several years in the interim.
[-] The following 3 users Like Paul O’Brien's post:
  • ckck1704, Happy2001, UTVLifer

I’m very excited for this - Olly Alexander is an great artist and I can’t wait to see how Lee Smithurst and the team help bring the song to life on stage in Malmo - a song that has been co-written with Danny L Harle (who recently co-produced Houdini by Dua Lipa)

And doing the reveal during the Strictly final, instead of a random Thursday in March on R2, is a sign that the BBC really want to maintain the momentum that is building for the UK at Eurovision
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • benzj

Everybody we've got a stage! Wow!

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Happy2001, JamieD

(14-12-2023, 03:19 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Golly. It's certainly colourful. Some might say bordering on garish...

It's right on-trend; personally I love it. We need more colour in our lives. And if Eurovision isn't the place to be garish and colourful and loud, then where is? Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Former Member 2410's post:
  • Alessi, Brekkie, JosiahStuart, PJamo, UTVLifer

What?!?

(I’ve just checked the official ESC TikTok account and this is legit)

x.com 

I suspect (given participating countries are already confirmed) it’s a partnership deal. Probably Malibu or something as a sponsor. We don’t tend to notice it here given a lot of it is hidden (cos Beeb) but they do have commercial partners - Moroccan Oil for last year I think.