Eurovision Song Contest 2024

The UK's entry is out at midnight GMT, followed by Olly Alexander doing interviews on both Radios 1 and 2 in the morning, followed by the TV special with Graham at 22:40

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • RhysJR

Also, after the Graham Norton/Olly Alexander special, BBC One will show highlights of The Big Eurovision Party that was held at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam last year, with performances from various Eurovision alumni including Conchita Wurst, Mans Zelmerlow, Käärijä and more, with Rylan catching up backstage with the performers.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Yes, I know the picture isn’t accurate as it’s showing the presenters of last year’s ESC, but the BBC haven’t got round to updating it yet…
[-] The following 1 user Likes jlmiller's post:
  • UTVLifer

The UK entry for Eurovision 2024

open.spotify.com 

(YouTube video available from 8am GMT)
www.youtube.com 

www.bbc.co.uk 

A decent track but not sure it's strong enough for Eurovision?
[-] The following 4 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Brekkie, DJ Dave, ethanjbrady, Nige

I've seen Olly live a couple of times and my only worry his vocal performance on the night won't live up to the hype. He doesn't generally do live well, although his Brits performance with Elton John a few years ago was great.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alessi's post:
  • UTVLifer

I guess it will actually make them able to do something clever with the staging if the video is anything to go by which may lift it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • UTVLifer

(01-03-2024, 08:21 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  A decent track but not sure it's strong enough for Eurovision?

My opinion does tend to change the more I hear a song but the first time listening through, I agree. it's quite basic.

It might just be me, but the hook reminds me a heck of a lot of this…

youtu.be 

(1’04” for the chorus)

(01-03-2024, 02:59 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  My opinion does tend to change the more I hear a song but the first time listening through, I agree. it's quite basic.

I think the superfans sometimes forget for most the audience the final is the first and last time they hear the song, so it's got to be good on first impressions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(01-03-2024, 04:34 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think the superfans sometimes forget for most the audience the final is the first and last time they hear the song, so it's got to be good on first impressions.

Through I would imagine super fans make up a considerable potion of those who actually vote.