Television Centre in Titles

Found it on Facebook:
fb.watch 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • PWD

(20-06-2023, 02:44 PM)AaronLancs Wrote:  Auntie's Bloomers would most certainly count. Especially with Wogan's mentions of being down in the bowels of the Concrete Doughnut.

An in-joke for those who knew that the VT department (where they used to make the Christmas Tapes that were the forerunner of Bloomers) was in the basement under the donut for many years.

There's an animated TV Theatre here (and messing about with the mirror globe) if that's any good?

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AaronLancs

Old CBBC show Chute:

[-] The following 1 user Likes Trafford Wharf Road's post:
  • Ma76

*post deleted*

(Decided that it was better to add to my Ignore List rather than engage with someone who isn't worth the keystrokes)

"Clive Anderson All Talk" - I think used only for the first series or two before they changed to a Parky-style "Look at all the people we've had on" montage. 

[-] The following 3 users Like Skygeek's post:
  • Brekkie, fanoftv, Former Member 406

(20-06-2023, 11:49 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  The newly updated This Morning titles, now featuring more donut, got me thinking about television title sequences featuring Television Centre.

www.youtube.com 

I see they’ve re-used the drone shot of TV Centre that GMB used to use in its titles. They’ve even kept the same speed ramp effect as it flies over the centre of the doughnut, albeit slightly slowed down.

For reference, you can see the bit from GMB titles 9 seconds in here:

youtu.be 

(Couldn’t find a complete version of those titles that definitely hadn’t been websnatched, but I guess this’ll do.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • chinamug, Ma76

Watching these clips makes me sad, as I really loved the original BBC Television Centre - just not the same the new complex. Outside looks the same, but inside, we just have three of the original eight studios left, and a huge chunk of television history was bulldozed and demolished, never to return.
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • Ma76, Nige

It's not In titiles but Record Breakers with Roy Castle doing a record breaking Tap Dance around TVC in 1977

youtu.be 

A couple of title sequences showing the stars of the show arriving at TV Centre, both from around the same time

Alexei Sayles Stuff
youtu.be 

A Bit of Fry and Laurie
www.dailymotion.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • TJTSW

Again, not in the titles but much of the 6th and final French and Saunders series was filmed in Television Centre offices and elsewhere around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • TJTSW