2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

Did ITV mention or not if they covering the nations league matches this autumn. The quality of the opponents mean logically all six should be on ITV1 if they have the rights.

(20-08-2023, 03:33 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Did ITV mention or not if they covering the nations league matches this autumn. The quality of the opponents mean logically all six should be on ITV1 if they have the rights.

I'm pretty sure I heard them say they have it during the game as they were advertising England V Scotland.

(20-08-2023, 04:17 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  I'm pretty sure I heard them say they have it during the game as they were advertising England V Scotland.
Though the return fixture will be exclusively on the BBC, as BBC Scotland have the Scotland rights and that will override ITV's England deal, in the same way as when Northern Ireland was in England's World Cup qualifying group, the game at Wembley was live on ITV1 and the return in Belfast was live on BBC1 across the UK (Laura Woods mentioned at the end of the England game which preceded the Northern Ireland away game that "unfortunately we don't have the rights to that game").

For ITV1's (and STV's) coverage of England v Scotland, there will be neutral opening titles for obvious reasons Smile...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scratch_Perry's post:
  • RhysJR

(21-08-2023, 10:06 AM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  Though the return fixture will be exclusively on the BBC, as BBC Scotland have the Scotland rights and that will override ITV's England deal, in the same way as when Northern Ireland was in England's World Cup qualifying group, the game at Wembley was live on ITV1 and the return in Belfast was live on BBC1 across the UK (Laura Woods mentioned at the end of the England game which preceded the Northern Ireland away game that "unfortunately we don't have the rights to that game").

For ITV1's (and STV's) coverage of England v Scotland, there will be neutral opening titles for obvious reasons Smile...

I think it was on BBC2 at least in England. I am not sure BBC1 has ever shown England women outside of tournaments - Scotland v England could be the first.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like NI92's post:
  • Happy2001, JT95

Probably should have led with the 13.2m figure there, which is around about where I suspected. ITV will be happy if they got 25% of those watching - they do seem to be closing the gap in recent years with shared matches, even if they are beaten 3:1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Happy2001

(21-08-2023, 10:21 AM)Newshound47 Wrote:  I think it was on BBC2 at least in England. I am not sure BBC1 has ever shown England women outside of tournaments - Scotland v England could be the first.
You are right, it was on BBC2 being as it was a midweek fixture I recall.

Prior to ITV gaining the England rights, I'm pretty sure BBC1 would have shown a live England women's match outside of tournaments, especially if it was on a Saturday or Sunday.

(21-08-2023, 11:39 AM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  You are right, it was on BBC2 being as it was a midweek fixture I recall.

Prior to ITV gaining the England rights, I'm pretty sure BBC1 would have shown a live England women's match outside of tournaments, especially if it was on a Saturday or Sunday.
Maybe but I’m not sure they have. I even think the much hyped Germany friendly at Wembely a few years ago on I think a Saturday was on BBC2.

(21-08-2023, 11:23 AM)NI92 Wrote:  twitter.com 

There's slightly different figures but the same 13.23m audience average total in Lizo Mzimba's tweet (or whatever it's now called).
twitter.com 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • Happy2001