2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

Final Score ended with a promo for the Women’s World Cup final, which starts tomorrow at 9:45 on BBC One and iPlayer

This was followed by BBC One presentation airing a trailer for the Women’s World Cup Final - tomorrow at 10:00 on BBC One and iPlayer

(19-08-2023, 05:34 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Final Score ended with a promo for the Women’s World Cup final, which starts tomorrow at 9:45 on BBC One and iPlayer

This was followed by BBC One presentation airing a trailer for the Women’s World Cup Final - tomorrow at 10:00 on BBC One and iPlayer
I'm guessing someone hasn't had time to update the promo. Presumably they had to wait until the Sunday Morning Live production team had been notified of the schedule change. 

Being a live programme and with BBC Two showing live athletics it rather limited how much they could move it by. Shortening it to 45 mins at last minute probably also wasn't an option, especially with it counting towards the religious programming quota.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they opt for discussions loosely related to the Women's World Cup though.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(19-08-2023, 11:42 AM)IanJRedman Wrote:  It's a pity there's been no UHD coverage of this tournament, in contrast to the men's event. I understand a true UHD feed doesn't actually exist - FIFA are producing the host feed in 1080p HDR. It would have been nice if the BBC could have upscaled this for an HDR iPlayer feed, but their policy is to only stream native UHD. ITV, of course, doesn't do UHD at all. The resulting 1080i pictures on both channels have felt a little soft and flat.

Spain are showing the final in UHD on TVE-UHD and TVE-UHD 2 according to this article. 

www.broadbandtvnews.com 

If you can manage to find a solid stream, you should be sorted!

Admit edit: rogue formatting removed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newsroom's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Robyn Cowen clearly has a shore throat so I do wonder if she will make it through the entire match particularly if it’s goes to extra time. You can also hear another country commentary - sounds like it’s Spanish but not entirely sure.

The World Cup Final is off to an interesting start on the BBC. Robyn Cowen is possibly struggling with her voice, and you could clearly hear the Spanish commentary in the background... (Although that seems to have now been sorted)

It’s quite unusual for the BBC to be the more partisan than ITV commentators. Normally the BBC main commentator and sometimes the co commentator don’t complain about refering etc that much during England matches.

(20-08-2023, 07:06 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Spain are showing the final in UHD on TVE-UHD and TVE-UHD 2 according to this article. 

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2023/08/18/rtve-to-broadcast-womens-world-cup-final-in-ultra-hd/

If you can manage to find a solid stream, you should be sorted!

Unless something changed at the last minute, all games were produced in 1080p HDR including the final. RTVE are twisting the truth. They claim that they have broadcasted all matches in Ultra High Definition. You can broadcast in UHD but it doesn't mean the source material is UHD.
[-] The following 2 users Like TV Insider's post:
  • IanJRedman, Medianext.MX

Will be interesting if the split arrangement continues for the Euros or if there is exclusivity with one broadcaster again. In some ways half the matches may suit ITV especially more, especially in prime time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(20-08-2023, 01:55 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Will be interesting if the split arrangement continues for the Euros or if there is exclusivity with one broadcaster again.    In some ways half the matches may suit ITV especially more, especially in prime time.

I might be wrong but I’m sure the BBC have already said they have the rights to the Euros.

(20-08-2023, 01:55 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Will be interesting if the split arrangement continues for the Euros or if there is exclusivity with one broadcaster again.    In some ways half the matches may suit ITV especially more, especially in prime time.
ITV will definitely want a piece of the Euros action and a joint bid with BBC - to fall in line with the men - would suit both parties.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scratch_Perry's post:
  • UTVLifer