2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

(16-07-2023, 07:46 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Suspect the Express have got the "axed" stories for ITV daytime written already.

Or even "cancelled" in a "major schedule shake-up" Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • benzj, bkman1990, Gordonthegopher, strollfan, UTVLifer

(17-07-2023, 12:57 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  Or even "cancelled" in a "major schedule shake-up" Big Grin
An almost correct guess, as the Mail Online have a clickbait headline of...
"Good Morning Britain is cancelled alongside This Morning and Loose Women in a shock ITV scheduling shake-up"

I shan't post a link to it, as I don't want to give them the traffic.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 9 users Like Keith's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Brekkie, Gibsy, Langham, MLehon, RhysJR, Scratch_Perry, strollfan

Rare to hear Gabby Logan presenting on Radio 5 Live these days - she is presenting their preview show this evening.

(17-07-2023, 02:12 PM)Keith Wrote:  An almost correct guess, as the Mail Online have a clickbait headline of...
"Good Morning Britain is cancelled alongside This Morning and Loose Women in a shock ITV scheduling shake-up"

I shan't post a link to it, as I don't want to give them the traffic.

The version of that headline that comes up during other stories made me laugh out loud at how not useful a headline it was.

[Image: 356628760_770024164871267_6713747396325558355_n.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • UTVLifer

Bringing this over from the general Sports Thread,

(19-07-2023, 10:53 PM)Rdd Wrote:  Meanwhile RTE aired a preview show (wierdly billed as highlights) for the Women’s World Cup tonight so a good look at the official graphics - a very strange font being used but other than that they’re quite nice. Not sure why RTE felt they needed two presenters (Evanne Ni Chullain and Peter Collins) though when they’d only two pundits and it was only a one hour show.
George Hamilton, who seems to have scaled back his work for RTE in recent times, is on site and did an interview from Sydney with Stephanie Roche.

RTÉ Player doesn't allow me to screenshot, but here is a sample of the said graphics

twitter.com 

[Image: TVLF%20239.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, Michael 18

BBC Sport DOG appears to be permanently onscreen - probably because that scorebar is giant enough without adding BBC to it.

I caught the start of the coverage earlier and I really like the design for the CSO studio

ITV are putting more effort showing all their matches on ITV1 and taking off their daytime programmes to accommodate even some of the less appealing matches . The BBC is mostly using BBC2 except overnights, weekends and and for England matches.

ITV’s studio looks great.

Shame neither are using their own graphics for the scorebar etc, the host ones are a bit big and garish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • UTVLifer

(20-07-2023, 11:05 AM)all new phil Wrote:  ITV’s studio looks great.

Shame neither are using their own graphics for the scorebar etc, the host ones are a bit big and garish.

I thought with FIFA tournaments they were obligated to take the host scorebar?

RTE are having terrible problems with their commentary on the Ireland match. The sound is continuously cutting out and is several seconds out of sync with the on screen action. It’s been going on the whole match but they’ve only just apologised for it.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR