News Coverage of Unfolding Events in Russia

(24-06-2023, 05:23 PM)News76 Wrote:  That must mean an extended News at Ten later this evening maybe incoming.

Quite possibly. Looking further ahead I also can’t see tomorrow nights Elton John Glastonbury performance airing until 11.05pm on BBC 1 as currently scheduled. I would imagine it’ll either be split between BBC 1 and 2 or air in it’s entirety on BBC 2 to allow the News to air at 10 as normal.

the big 3 news channels (CNN, BBC, AJE) have done a great job in covering this news. BBC is doing well. They are using more social media footage than CNN seems to be. Via their VERIFY group. That newsroom position for the VERIFY/reporter debriefings.....Im sorry...its pants. There has to be a better way to do this. It looks crap. The angles are weird and always looks off. They need to come up with a better way to showcase these segments. Of course the reporting is good, but needs to be showcased better.
[-] The following 6 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, Newsroom, Stuart, xlalonce

(24-06-2023, 06:21 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Quite possibly. Looking further ahead I also can’t see tomorrow nights Elton John Glastonbury performance airing until 11.05pm on BBC 1 as currently scheduled. I would imagine it’ll either be split between BBC 1 and 2 or air in it’s entirety on BBC 2 to allow the News to air at 10 as normal.

I think Elton's last UK performance will take priority.   The news will probably reach more people immediately following it than airing opposite it.

They might compromise with an extra bulletin before it - assume it's Antiques Roadshow at 8pm which I think has 45 minute cuts available.
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, London Lite, UTVLifer

I also noticed earlier Yalda say that the news channel was breaking away from World news , so asuming its UK News but she keeps on mentioning bbcnews.com and shes just mentioned it about 3 times in less than a minute, but would assume it would be bbc.co.uk like it says on the ticker? its only a small thing but gets annoying, why dont the move everything from bbcnews.co.uk to bbcnews.com

(24-06-2023, 06:37 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  I also noticed earlier Yalda say that the news channel was breaking away from World news , so asuming its UK News but she keeps on mentioning  bbcnews.com and shes just mentioned it about 3 times in less than a minute, but would asume it would be bbc.co.uk like it says on the ticker?  its only a small thing but gets annoying, why dont the move everything from bbcnews.co.uk to bbcnews.com

She says that for the TOPH commercial break. Both feeds have been aligned all day.
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, TJTSW

Matthew Amroliwala taking over on the BBC News Channel now. Seems they’re using their chief presenters for this story. Also they seemed to have replaced those awful titles with the Breaking News sting at the TOTH (at least for the last couple of hours).
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(24-06-2023, 06:23 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  That newsroom position for the VERIFY/reporter debriefings.....Im sorry...its pants. There has to be a better way to do this. It looks crap. The angles are weird and always looks off. They need to come up with a better way to showcase these segments. Of course the reporting is good, but needs to be showcased better.

And the picture quality from those cameras is still awful.

(24-06-2023, 06:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think Elton's last UK performance will take priority.   The news will probably reach more people immediately following it than airing opposite it.

They might compromise with an extra bulletin before it - assume it's Antiques Roadshow at 8pm which I think has 45 minute cuts available.

There probably won’t be a schedule change now anyway given the events of the last hour since I made my post.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald

Yep looks like the story is about to have the fizz taken out of it and we'll probably be back to normal schedules tomorrow now (unless something else dramatic happens later tonight).
[-] The following 3 users Like News76's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, UTVLifer

(24-06-2023, 07:17 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  There probably won’t be a schedule change now anyway given the events of the last hour since I made my post.
Yeah, I heard that the rebellion is over
[-] The following 3 users Like Roger Darthwell's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald