BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present)

Not sold on the graphics but the studio looks great
[-] The following 9 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chris, chrisherald, GMc, Plutobug, PWD, TJTSW, TVenthusiasm

First time since 2000 that there isn`t any mention of BBC News on the titles (i suppose that with the chamaleon style it would have been a mess to include it and not putting something like "BBC Breakfast News").

I love the studio but the titles are a little bit meh. They work well but i`m not sold on this "basic" style that they have been using lately. And we know that they can still make more complex things judging by the recent Reporting Scotland relaunch.

But at least -contrary to the latest BBC News relaunches- they have put a lot of care here. They even changed the mugs on the cupboard (on the last rebrand they remained with the old logo for a bunch of time).
[-] The following 11 users Like Lec_Ver16's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, martyn, Plutobug, PWD, Quantum+83, Reith85, Superman1986, TJTSW, TVenthusiasm

Oh my god - the graphics on the Westminster background are absolutely horrendous quality
[-] The following 8 users Like what's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, markhamblett, Plutobug, PWD, TJTSW, TVenthusiasm

(26-06-2023, 06:15 AM)oscillon Wrote:   As (predictably) does the weather

[Image: image.png]
Surely if anything suits the monolith screens it's the weather forecast for Britain.
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AverageOrangeTurnip, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, TJTSW, TVenthusiasm, what

I Think the Studio is Top Notce, they have worked hard on that, its looks bright and fresh, have seen a couple of alkward shots this morning , where when Jon was doing the sport from the Sofa he was sat alkward before he moved to the tower screen for the rest of the Sport update & the weather still doesn't feel right , there was a nice shot from the ceiling which showed all of the studio, presenters cameras and even the printers behind the sofa. I also like the fact when they cut to the regions you see outside the studio with the time on and the rest of the building.

Graphics & Titles not sold on it yet, again thats seems an after thought like we want to change but we dont, so lets add a blue circle, so have come half baked what they have done (also the music could of been tweeked with the update) I'm sure there will be tweeks and updates as the weeks/months/years go on, so will wait to see what happens

Overall a 7 out of 10 so far from what I seen soo far
[-] The following 4 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, TVenthusiasm

Acoustically I can hear a slight hollowness or echo in Sally and Jon’s voices. I’m guessing this studio isn’t as well sound proofed as the old one.

I’m also not overly keen on that unnatural looking sky in the background. It is Salford after all! I’m guessing that’s a Summer backdrop and a Winter one won’t look as vibrant?
[-] The following 4 users Like RDJ's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83, TVenthusiasm

Not too keen on the reflections on the window through to the office space. A little distracting to see the cameras being moved in to position and other crew moving about.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • AndrewP, Quantum+83, TVenthusiasm, woodnorton

Echoing what others have said, the new studio/set looks fantastic, and well worth waiting for - infinitely better than the previous one.

But those titles look so poor. The way the random blue circle moves in an arc around the screen looks like something from an After Effects tutorial video for beginners. I really despair of the current amateur standard of BBC news graphics.
[-] The following 14 users Like Spencer's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chevron, chrisherald, freeaxe, GMc, msim, oscillon, PWD, TJTSW, Transmission, TVenthusiasm

(26-06-2023, 06:14 AM)Frances Wrote:  The virtual clock looks unnatural…

[Image: 1687756301_1188439862.png]
Clocks are unnatural  Big Grin

(26-06-2023, 07:11 AM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  First time since 2000 that there isn`t any mention of BBC News on the titles (i suppose that with the chamaleon style it would have been a mess to include it and not putting something like "BBC Breakfast News").

I love the studio but the titles are a little bit meh. They work well but i`m not sold on this "basic" style that they have been using lately. And we know that they can still make more complex things judging by the recent Reporting Scotland relaunch.

But at least -contrary to the latest BBC News relaunches- they have put a lot of care here. They even changed the mugs on the cupboard (on the last rebrand they remained with the old logo for a bunch of time).

BBC News does feature right at the beginning of the titles over Salford before the wipes of the circles
[-] The following 8 users Like South's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Hemsright, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Reith85, TVenthusiasm, UTVLifer