BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present)

More regions have the new set than I realised.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bbctvtechop, DeMarkay, Ian, JamieMurph25, JosiahStuart, LDN, Stuart, Tim G, TJTSW, TVHead

Well something interesting is happening on Breakfast, midway through a report on concorde, the whole feed bbc 1 and all has switched to the News Channel with the Breakfast straps still animating for the concorde report.

Anna Foster has welcomed viewers on BBC One

Considering the sudden cut, could it be a fire alarm?

Also, a good opportunity to test if all the graphics are aligned between services:
twitter.com 

Fire alarm at Quay House

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • bilky asko, RhysJR, UTVLifer

They're now back just as BBC [World] News was going to the pre-top-of-the-hour break

Is that the first time Breakfast has had an evacuation due to fire alarm?

As it is in the same building,this is the moment Radio 5 Live went off air.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Ian, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, watchingtv

I actually thought some big news was happening when I first turned on my TV at around 8:50 and saw Breakfast was in full News Channel pres mode: ticker, red straps et al Big Grin (before logging on here and realising it was a fire alarm).

(24-11-2023, 01:31 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I actually thought some big news was happening when I first turned on my TV at around 8:50 and saw Breakfast was in full News Channel pres mode: ticker, red straps et al Big Grin (before logging on here and realising it was a fire alarm).
There were important events happening in Gaza with the ceasefire starting at 07:00, so I presume it was better to switch to the international feed rather than run a short version of Click.

(24-11-2023, 09:58 AM)freeview87 Wrote:  Is that the first time Breakfast has had an evacuation due to fire alarm?
Not the first time; I remember a few years ago, there was a fire alarm at MediaCity one morning between 7.50-7.55am and therefore the coverage was defaulted to BBC World, so we - in the UK - were treated to the novelty of an advertisement and a sponsored weather report by Rolex watches.
[-] The following 7 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • bax, freeview87, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, TVFan, UTVLifer, watchingtv