BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present)

See they've separated the Post Office segment from yesterday so it can be up on the iPlayer for 30 days.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, James, Reith85, RhysJR, Spencer

(11-01-2024, 08:27 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  See they've separated the Post Office segment from yesterday so it can be up on the iPlayer for 30 days.

www.bbc.co.uk 

That’s good to hear. I’m normally quite critical of Breakfast, but this section of the programme was thoroughly compelling, and well worth the extra time devoted to it.
[-] The following 6 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, interestednovice, James, UTVLifer, Yorksman

(11-01-2024, 09:03 PM)Spencer Wrote:  That’s good to hear. I’m normally quite critical of Breakfast, but this section of the programme was thoroughly compelling, and well worth the extra time devoted to it.
I'm glad that quite a few BBC interviews I've seen/heard over the past couple days have acknowledged Private Eye. Their journalists were reporting on it long before the ITV drama, back when the Post Office and others were still denying it.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 6 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, interestednovice, Reith85, Spencer, UTVLifer

The BBC have now added a 2015 Panorama to the iPlayer too which covered it, along with the 2019 version they repeated last night.

Back to Breakfast and see it's being heavily promoted now with a new ad campaign focused mainly on celeb guests and light hearted moments.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, DeMarkay, Reith85, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(11-01-2024, 10:18 PM)Keith Wrote:  I'm glad that quite a few BBC interviews I've seen/heard over the past couple days have acknowledged Private Eye. Their journalists were reporting on it long before the ITV drama, back when the Post Office and others were still denying it.

Private Eye were largely re-reporting the original investigative journalism by Computer Weekly magazine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bbctvtechop's post:
  • interestednovice

(12-01-2024, 01:30 AM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  Private Eye were largely re-reporting the original investigative journalism by Computer Weekly magazine.

Don't think that's fair - Computer Weekly started the investigations but Private Eye had their own in depth investigations too.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • interestednovice

Much of Private Eye's reporting was by Nick Wallis, who literally wrote the book on the scandal. He also produced the Panoramas on the subject, and a File on 4 (a revised repeat was added to BBC Sounds the other day), and a whole Radio 4 series.
[-] The following 6 users Like thegeek's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, interestednovice, James, London Lite, UTVLifer

(12-01-2024, 01:07 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Much of Private Eye's reporting was by Nick Wallis, who literally wrote the book on the scandal. He also produced the Panoramas on the subject, and a File on 4 (a revised repeat was added to BBC Sounds the other day), and a whole Radio 4 series.

Which all stemmed from a tweet Nick received whilst he was presenting the BBC Surrey breakfast show in November 2010, and led to an Inside Out South investigation broadcast in February 2011.

becarefulwhatyouwishfornickwallis.blogspot.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like Robert Williams's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, Happy2001, interestednovice, James, UTVLifer

I've just realised that Nick's got a timeline of the early reporting on his own blog, to clear up any arguments...
www.postofficetrial.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • interestednovice

It seems TV wise the first broadcaster to do a dedicated programme on the issue then was S4C in September 2009, 18 months ahead of the Inside Out on BBC South.

What that blog shows is how the media can work together across companies quite effectively when such a story unfolded over a long period.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Superman1986