BBC Breakfast (June 2023 - Present)

Chris sent me a quick vid of how they turn the set from Breakfast to Sport. Fabulous stuff!

twitter.com 

Admin edit: to fix Twitter embed.  Only the Tweet URL is required - the forum software will do the rest.

And this is what the new/upgraded gallery looks like...

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, oscillon, Plutobug

(26-06-2023, 10:06 AM)Alf Stewart Wrote:  To be honest, I can't see the presentation of the weather being too much of an issue in the long run. I can't imagine the weather presenter will be in the studio that much. Its more than likely just a 'look at us' gimmick that'll fizzle out in a week or two when Carol or Matt go back to presenting DTL from London.

They'll be at Wimbledon next week I imagine.   To be honest 5 people in the studio looked a bit crowded anyhow.

Is the sofa smaller too?
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(26-06-2023, 10:23 AM)peter Wrote:  Chris sent me a quick vid of how they turn the set from Breakfast to Sport. Fabulous stuff!

twitter.com 

Admin edit: to fix Twitter embed.  Only the Tweet URL is required - the forum software will do the rest.

Seems to show an earlier graphics package with the purple that was trailed a few weeks ago
[-] The following 2 users Like padraig's post:
  • chrisherald, LargelyALurker

(26-06-2023, 10:23 AM)peter Wrote:  Chris sent me a quick vid of how they turn the set from Breakfast to Sport. Fabulous stuff!

twitter.com 

Really liking the new guest presenter, 'Manny Quinn' sitting on the sofa.
[-] The following 11 users Like Worzel's post:
  • agentsquash, bkman1990, Former Member 406, JamieD, peter, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Rxtx, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Here's a more front on view for weather forecasts, with Carol providing the news channel forecasts from the new studio.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 10 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe, oscillon, Quantum+83, scottishtv, thePineapple, TJTSW

(26-06-2023, 10:49 AM)Worzel Wrote:  Really liking the new guest presenter, 'Manny Quinn' sitting on the sofa.

I’m guessing ITV will be inviting them on soon to trial as a GMB presenter soon?
[-] The following 1 user Likes agentsquash's post:
  • UTVLifer

Shame they didn't do anything about new music but I guess that's to be expected judging by other recent BBC title changes.
[-] The following 3 users Like Renap's post:
  • LDN, Quantum+83, TJTSW

(26-06-2023, 09:50 AM)Worzel Wrote:  I agree with what another poster said about how the weather could possibly be presented from a monolith. They'd need to tweak the placement of the day/time (probably to the top of the screen).

I think it would need more than that. The whole weather software package is presumably built around presenting on a 16:9 screen, and I doubt the weather team will want to create additional forecasts in different dimensions just for Breakfast. I guess the standard output could potentially be cropped/zoomed for the portrait tower format but it could very easily go wrong with some of the standard slide layouts used on the forecast. 

As others have said, I expect Carol will be back DTL soon anyway.  Just thinking about it - I know she is a pro, but it must be slightly unusual for her to be back in a physical studio set as nearly all of her forecasts seem to be done in front of the green screen these days - unlike other national presenters who mix and match with being in the studio more frequently.

(26-06-2023, 06:15 AM)oscillon Wrote:  The clock without seconds appears in the wide building shot now, after the first titles
[Image: image.png]

Presumably the red(?) rectangular lights on the two grey walls are 'on air' lights/signs, to remind staff.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 7 users Like Keith's post:
  • AaronLancs, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer