The BBC Chameleon Thread

CBeebies Radio on the BBC Sounds app is still using an old-style yellow blob (a "Dorito"-shaped one) on the station selector wheel thingumybob.

It'll probably take them until about August 2025 (or something) to update it...
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • bkman1990, Bogdan222, Roger Darthwell

(12-04-2023, 08:07 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  CBeebies Radio on the BBC Sounds app is still using an old-style yellow blob (a "Dorito"-shaped one) on the station selector wheel thingumybob.

It'll probably take them until about August 2025 (or something) to update it...

Bold of you to assume they'll update it at all!  Big Grin 
I'd be more surprised if they update that picture than if Freeview closed in the next 5 - 10 years!
[-] The following 3 users Like CCFG's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Former Member 406

I just watched the feature on Rob Walker during the mid session interval of the snooker between Mark Selby & Mark Allen on BBC Four. In one clip where Rob was sitting down on a desk with his laptop; there was a BBC Sport logo behind him. I suspect it is the old Gill Sans logo and not the Reith version?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • Imaginativename

Chameleon logo on the Eurovision branded Merseyrail train. Parked at Southport station today.

[Image: 20230429-112343.jpg]
[Image: 20230429-112119.jpg]

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 7 users Like Ste's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, harshy, LDN, Randomuser123, Stuart, UTVLifer

Having a Eurovision branded train seems ironic considering they're striking tha day Tongue
[-] The following 3 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, LDN

(29-04-2023, 12:12 PM)Ste Wrote:  Chameleon logo on the Eurovision branded Merseyrail train. Parked at Southport station today.

[Image: 20230429-112343.jpg]
[Image: 20230429-112119.jpg]
There's a Eurovision branded bus too! As a bonus you can also see out of the windows of this one. 

[-] The following 3 users Like whistlerpro's post:
  • bkman1990, LDN, Stuart

(29-04-2023, 12:30 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Having a Eurovision branded train seems ironic considering they're striking tha day Tongue

Not Merseyrail luckily as they have a separate agreement with the affected union reached last year.

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 5 users Like Ste's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, harshy, Stuart, UTVLifer

My viewership of political discussion programmes of any kind is usually zero, but I happened to catch the start of "politics live" [sic] on Friday and I rolled my eyes at the fact that it's still using the Gill BBC blocks.

I just decided to check out the various iterations of "politics <region>" from across England and Wales*, and - disappointingly but unsurprisingly - most of those are also still using the Gill blocks. (*Scotland and Northern Ireland's equivalent Sunday morning politics programmes do not share the "politics live"-style red branding, so I excluded these).

Wales, London, East Midlands and (West) Midlands are the only ones using the Reith BBC blocks. This makes me wonder whether other regions will update the blocks coinciding with when they get their NBH-B style LED sets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • Brekkie

(08-05-2023, 08:13 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  Wales, London, East Midlands and (West) Midlands are the only ones using the Reith BBC blocks. This makes me wonder whether other regions will update the blocks coinciding with when they get their NBH-B style LED sets.

That's when both the Midlands and East Midlands started using the new logo so assume it's the same for everywhere else. The new sets aren't just a new set - they are a change of workflow for a lot of locations and that workflow seems to include branding (for instance the closing credits slide being the most notable change - Midlands Today used to end on WS of the studio, now it's WS into an endcap with a new musical sting).

I don't like the Politics <Region> brand though, it must be said - not least for the lowercase styling of the programme title, but the moving band of programme name is quite distracting.

(08-05-2023, 10:03 PM)Mike Wrote:  I don't like the Politics <Region> brand though, it must be said - not least for the lowercase styling of the programme title, but the moving band of programme name is quite distracting.
It's to copy the style of Politics Live/Politics UK, which incidentally is a copy of 'Morning Joe' on MSNBC. Blimey, they even copied the desk . . .

[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • GeeTeeKay474, Spencer