The BBC Chameleon Thread

(15-08-2022, 12:40 PM)Lester Wrote:  
(14-08-2022, 04:18 PM)J102B Wrote:  Not sure that this is the right forum to post. Saying that, possibly an unpopular opinion, but I quite like the DOG that BBC Sport are using on The Hundred cricket. It is closer to the DOG BBC Scotland is using. I would like to see three/four/alba using the same size and transparency.

I really don't like the way BBC Three and Four have their respective name much bigger than the BBC logo itself. It doesn't seem as aesthetically pleasing as the way BBC News, Scotland has been done, the traditional way of it near following the size of the BBC letters in their boxes. 

The transparency of the DOG seems very low, almost to the point of it looking like a mistake or a waste of time it being there.

Think of it as the stacked versions of the logos displayed horizontally, this is why THREE and FOUR are larger than the blocks and SPORT isn't. I don't fully know the reason but for the channel logos more emphasis is placed on the channel name, whereas with service logos more emphasis is placed on the BBC blocks.

Scotland is an anomaly its seems as the channel name is quite long I would guess.

(15-08-2022, 12:40 PM)Lester Wrote:  
(14-08-2022, 04:18 PM)J102B Wrote:  Not sure that this is the right forum to post. Saying that, possibly an unpopular opinion, but I quite like the DOG that BBC Sport are using on The Hundred cricket. It is closer to the DOG BBC Scotland is using. I would like to see three/four/alba using the same size and transparency.

I really don't like the way BBC Three and Four have their respective name much bigger than the BBC logo itself. It doesn't seem as aesthetically pleasing as the way BBC News, Scotland has been done, the traditional way of it near following the size of the BBC letters in their boxes. 

The transparency of the DOG seems very low, almost to the point of it looking like a mistake or a waste of time it being there.

Same situations also applied for BBC One and Two on MOTD promo on BBC Sport social media page.

Hi there everyone. It is bkman1990 here. It is nice to be here on this site especially with some of you on TV Live Forum.

I got an updated BBC Sport app on my Android phone via Google Play yesterday. It includes the new BBC logo on it; however it does not have the new icon with the black background on my phone home screen as to what would appear on the BBC Sounds app. Although the black background appears when the app loads to the main home page.

The icon on the new BBC Sport is largely unchanged with the yellow background. The BBC logo on it though is in Reith. The new BBC logo also appears on its own above the Top Stories section of the app.

However there are still some mistakes noted within the app design itself. The widgets still have the old BBC logo in them. There is also a photo of Dan Walker seen in the Sign in/Registration section of the app even though he has moved over to Channel 5 News some time ago.

I've always disliked that the MHEG image for BBC Local Radio stations on the Freeview 700s channels in England has always had something generic like "BBC Local Radio" and/or "Welcome to your local radio station" (or similar) as the main 'logo', with the specific local station name being relegated to being in small plain text lower down the screen (in lieu of the latter showing the current programme name, as is the case on e.g. the UK national stations like Radios 1 - 5 Live etc).

In whichever particular decade they actually sodding well get around to updating the MHEG images for radio stations on Freeview, I really hope and wish they'd change it so that the main big logo actually says e.g. "BBC Radio Bristol" etc. I'll not hold my breath, mind...

I'm not sure I've seen it on screen in a while, but have they updated the BBC logo on the front of NBH yet?

Honestly think that is the biggest testament to how mismanaged the rebrand has been. Not just in comparison to the swift execution of the 1997 rebrand (where the signage on TVC was changed very quickly), but the fact that the main iteration of the BBC logo - the one that is used in library pictures to illustrate pretty much every BBC related story by other media outlets - was not one of the first things to get changed (I'm obviously sure that other outlets would still use older images, but you've got to at least give them the option to get it right).
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • Clean Feed, Roger Darthwell

(26-08-2022, 11:54 AM)DTV Wrote:  I'm not sure I've seen it on screen in a while, but have they updated the BBC logo on the front of NBH yet?

The old blocks are still there.

https://twitter.com/thomasfoster_/status/1565751007149187076?s=20&t=Gf2AXoDjP-6yUYyn9LX-8w

Very exciting. Looking forward to seeing what's deployed.

(02-09-2022, 06:38 PM)g1ngerj0sh Wrote:  https://twitter.com/thomasfoster_/status/1565751007149187076?s=20&t=Gf2AXoDjP-6yUYyn9LX-8w

OMG! NEW LOOK NEWSROUND!!! Does that mean... (GASP) A NEW LOOK CBBC AND CBEEBIES TOMORROW?!

Most likely. Can anyone record continuity tomorrow morning and post it here?