The BBC Chameleon Thread

twitter.com 

Wow. Maybe the BBC do have someone monitoring brand inconsistencies after all!
[-] The following 3 users Like thomalex's post:
  • AndrewP, JosiahStuart, Quantum+83

(25-06-2023, 10:28 PM)thomalex Wrote:  twitter.com 

Wow. Maybe the BBC do have someone monitoring brand inconsistencies after all!
I pointed that out on here when a leaked picture surfaced a few weeks ago.

Glad its been fixed.

Went for a random tour around MediaCity UK, not a single new bbc logo in sight not even inside and in reception viewed from outside, they had channels that don’t even exist like bbc hd, ok maybe outside Leeds it’s not expected but as the backup for the whole bbc network you would expect some new logo signage?

(01-07-2023, 04:34 PM)harshy Wrote:  Went for a random tour around MediaCity UK, not a single new bbc logo in sight not even inside and in reception viewed from outside, they had channels that don’t even exist like bbc hd, ok maybe outside Leeds it’s not expected but as the backup for the whole bbc network you would expect some new logo signage?
Well they’ve still got the old logo on NBH, so I can’t say I’m surprised that Salford haven’t got it either yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, harshy

Apologies if this has been posted before, but where’s the best place to find the Chameleon brand guidelines?

They did manage to get a new BBC logo up on the Radio Merseyside building in time for Eurovision (may have been mentioned earlier). Surprising really as the sign it replaced was a non-standard one that didn't actually feature the BBC logo.

What confused me was a bbc cymru wales logo I don’t understand why it’s there in Salford?

(01-07-2023, 04:57 PM)whistlerpro Wrote:  Apologies if this has been posted before, but where’s the best place to find the Chameleon brand guidelines?

BBC GEL, but it's for Staff only. But there are certain times where some guidelines are available publicly, so incase there is the odd chance that they are available, the guidelines would be available at www.bbc.co.uk 

you do have to wonder if anyone at BBC News is using it, it dosent feel like it with the hotchpotch of stuff we get to see from them.

(01-07-2023, 06:14 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  BBC GEL, but it's for Staff only. But there are certain times where some guidelines are available publicly, so incase there is the odd chance that they are available, the guidelines would be available at www.bbc.co.uk 

I know I'm banging a broken drum on this, but, with another BBC controversy in the news, I note we are once again seeing pictures of the former BBC logo on the front of NBH being splashed across print and online newspapers (as well as BBC News' own frontpage). I mean, it's not surprising - that is, after all, the main physical representation of the BBC brand, even if it is using a logo that was officially replaced nearly two years ago.

I'm, of course, under no illusion that, even if they had changed the logo, images of the old one would no longer be cropping up. But the BBC's failure to replace what is in effect their master logo after 21 months doesn't even give the press the opportunity and instead ensures that the BBC's brand is repeatedly represented by a logo that was deemed necessary to replace.
[-] The following 11 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, fanoftv, IanJRedman, James, Ma76, SlimyTrain, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer