The BBC Chameleon Thread

Ironically some reverse Chameleon mistakes in the Netflix Prince Andrew Newsnight film Scoop set two years before the new logo.

The internal press conference broadcast had the current BBC logo, as did some of the 'viral clips' of the interview at the end. But other than that pretty much consistently correctly using the old BBC logo, certainly helped by the HQ still having the old logo above the doors.

I did notice an ITVX link in a search result when something was being Googled too!
[-] The following 6 users Like gottago's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, Ma76, thePineapple

I thought this was an interesting comment by a designer who works for the BBC, which possibly explains a bit about why the rollout of the new logo has been so haphazard.

Nobody’s been told apparently…

x.com 
[-] The following 15 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, BBCChameleonFan, bilky asko, bkman1990, dbl, Josh, JosiahStuart, Juicy Joe, Ma76, Nige, Reith85, SlimyTrain, Stuart, thePineapple, TVFan

Well that explains an awful lot. Imagine spending so much money on a rebrand and guidelines for departments and producers is only just filtering through a few years later. 🙃
[-] The following 5 users Like dbl's post:
  • AndrewP, BBCChameleonFan, callumwatchestelly, Ma76, Stuart

I see Politics Live has reverted to using the 1997 logo on its backdrop today.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, WhisperOfCinnamon

(15-04-2024, 12:38 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I see Politics Live has reverted to using the 1997 logo on its backdrop today.
You would think that when the new one was created, they deleted the old one from the server to prevent accidental usage. You would also expect them to have a back-up of the new one if it became corrupted for some reason.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, insert_good_username_here, LDN, Ma76

(15-04-2024, 09:46 PM)Stuart Wrote:  You would think that when the new one was created, they deleted the old one from the server to prevent accidental usage. You would also expect them to have a back-up of the new one if it became corrupted for some reason.
Thinking about it, I think today might have been when they switched to the spring background with the blossom on the trees. So they’ve either picked the wrong file, or they forgot to update the Spring version with the new logo.

But yes, I’m often surprised how often old pres pops up because it’s still been available on a server.

(15-04-2024, 10:10 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Thinking about it, I think today might have been when they switched to the spring background with the blossom on the trees. So they’ve either picked the wrong file, or they forgot to update the Spring version with the new logo.
I have previously admitted to having weak eyes, so I'll bow to your perception of seeing blossom on those trees. Tongue

EDIT - Just noticed the blossom on the trees outside the Norman Shaw Buildings next to Portcullis House.

The new BBC logo is back today, but they’ve reverted to the winter view, which suggests that they didn’t make a version of the spring backdrop with the Chameleon branding.
[-] The following 6 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, LDN, Ma76, Stuart

That seems to sum up the weather at the moment - you think Spring has arrived then the next day it's back to Winter.

Or even next hour! If some of the recent sudden bursts of hailstones I’ve experienced are anything to go by.